Skip to content

Secret door won't open in Trials of the Luremaster. Help?

CHOODCHOOD Member Posts: 4
I did all four trials in the area, placed the Holy Symbol of Helm in the offering bowl, and it disappeared, but the secret door didn't open. Now I seem to be stuck. I'm running the Steam version on Windows 10 without any mods. I don't have a super recent save before this incident because I'm dumb and have mainly just been quicksaving.

EDIT: I searched through these forums, the Steam forums, Reddit, etc, and haven't come across any other user who has had this problem. Either I'm an idiot and am missing part of this quest, or this is a very specific bug.

EDIT 2: Uploaded current save.

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    If you have EE Keeper, perhaps you could try spawning another copy of the Holy Symbol of Helm in your inventory and then putting it into the bowl again? Maybe the script failed to fire the first time, so a second time might be the charm?
  • CHOODCHOOD Member Posts: 4
    I'm not familiar with EE Keeper, but I'll look into it and give it a shot. Thanks for the tip, I'll update with results here in a little bit.
    With EE Keeper I managed to add another copy of Holy Symbol of Helm to my inventory, but nothing happens when placing it in the offering bowl. It is still lootable after leaving and returning to the bowl.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    The secret door appears to be open in your save - it is directly underneath the alter, not where the eye animation played.
    ...wow I'm an idiot. Thank you for the help! I was waiting for the wall where the eye animation to lift up or something haha
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Haha, well, problem solved at least! XD
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited July 2019
    Fun fact: there was a thread a while ago in which someone was stuck in the same way; they too didn't realize the stairs were under the alter.