Skip to content

Zoom-in feature?

2»

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I wish I understood this script out so I could zoom in a bit. I want to try it cause I keep crashing on such a huge resolution
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I can zoom? :o I didn't even know . . . that's great!
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    ahh nice I found it! Hopefully I don't crash when I try zooming in!!!!! **knocks on wood**
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Aosaw said:

You may be stuck, at least for now. The developers are aware of it, though.

Really? That one is just silly. At what point do the overhaul team start to become the oversight team?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @junk11, how did you get it to work? Using that utility program you linked? I'll try it.
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    edited July 2016
    Sorry bro, might be it needs a fix
    Post edited by loganultima on
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    I use a laptop with a trackpad, no wheel for me either :(
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The trackpad should have a scrolling feature of some kind, which will work like a mouse wheel.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2012
    I made an exe for the script, u can just run it without install the software
    http://www.mediafire.com/?o66ynb50vcw3m71

turn on Scroll Lock with NumLock off to use num keys as mouse
    - and + as mouse wheel

while both scroll lock and Numlock are on, u can change the setting for speed..etc with num keys

EDIT:
    add wheelmouse only exe, num- + as wheel up and down (no need for scroll lock)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zg3p1i41cc2crwe

Post edited by junk11 on
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Communard said:

What kind of laptop? I am using an ASUS with a mousepad, and "pinching" worked for me. Others have found success using a vertical swipe on the right-most edge of the pad.

@belgarathmth, try pressing CTRL in combination with numpad - / +, HOME / END, or PGUP / PGDN?

Also I have seen trackball mice with mousewheels. :P
    edited November 2012
    @junk11, thanks for doing that .exe. You've gone above and beyond to try to help. Unfortunately, my keyboard is a Logitech keyboard, and there is no scroll lock key, so the script doesn't work. I installed it and tried it without scroll lock, and, no luck.

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    honestly, i can't imagine using anything other than a wireless optical mouse with a wheel. i don't play fps, but i like control, and this mouse is 7~10 years old....
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @belgarathmth : I have a Logitech Wave, scroll lock key is Function+Pause Break for me. Hope this helps :)
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Aosaw said:

The trackpad should have a scrolling feature of some kind, which will work like a mouse wheel.

Communard said:

What kind of laptop? I am using an ASUS with a mousepad, and "pinching" worked for me. Others have found success using a vertical swipe on the right-most edge of the pad.
    My old laptop had such a thing (scroller on the right), but sadly I upgraded to a new one recently which apparently hasn't. I'm also using an ASUS at the moment. Could you clarify what you mean by "pinching"?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    @belgarathmth You'll probably be very pleased with a wireless optical wheel mouse if you can bring yourself to try one. It's a worthwhile investment.

I'm still using zoom in a horribly lagged game (Intel chipset), which makes it all a bit tedious... but to my taste the zoom feature is an asset overall. I'm a bit disappointed that the graphics are still rather pixilated. But I do look forward to a smoothly running game with the zoom, eventually.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2012
    @belgarathmth
    lol
    ok.. I made another simple exe for mouse wheel only
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zg3p1i41cc2crwe
    just press num+ or num - = mousewheel up and down

unless you dont have num+ or num -
    then tell me the keys you want to bind with

EDIT: remember, depends on your current mouse position in BGEE
    it might be scrolling down the text windows or zoom effect
    edited November 2012
    @junk11, Glory, hallelujah! I got it to work! I had one last desperate idea to search "logitech keyboard scroll lock". Turns out that the internet is full of complaints about the lack of the key. And, there is a very obscure command to press "window key-r" and type "osk" for "on-screen keyboard". It brings up a little window of a keyboard that does have the scroll-lock function as a clickable button.

Thank you, thank you, @junk11, you are a computer genius! They ought to sticky a link to your .exe.

Now, nobody should accuse me of not loving this game, because I just spent an hour and a half of my morning working on this!

Again, @junk11, thank you so, so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE
    @Cheesebelly, ah, thank you, that works too! And it's easier and more convenient than bringing up the on-screen keyboard. We have such helpful, nice people around here!
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Communard said:

Aosaw said:

Communard said:

My old laptop had such a thing (scroller on the right), but sadly I upgraded to a new one recently which apparently hasn't. I'm also using an ASUS at the moment. Could you clarify what you mean by "pinching"?
    Hiya!

Pinching is similar to using a smartphone... Put two fingers on the pad and spread them apart to zoom in and bring them back together to zoom out!