Skip to content

Help to install a few mods for BGEE

CyberfanCyberfan Member Posts: 10
edited July 2019 in BG:EE Mods
Hi guys. If I want to install the npc project for BG:EE, do I need the latest game version which is 2.5.17? (if I'm not mistaken?)

I'd also like to install scs and maybe some tweaks from scales of balances. What should be the order in which I should install these mods?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,700
    For BG1NPC Project, if you have BG:EE on 2.5 you'd need to use the v24 which is still in beta. If you have BG:EE on 2.3, you can use BG1NPC v23.x.
  • CyberfanCyberfan Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    For BG1NPC Project, if you have BG:EE on 2.5 you'd need to use the v24 which is still in beta. If you have BG:EE on 2.3, you can use BG1NPC v23.x.

Thank you. I tried to find the answer but got none. I looked up all over google, npc project readme etc. Does anyone else is also annoyed by the lack of clear, straight and basic info on which mods version work with what game version etc? And then we have hundreds of topic like mine for ex...

Out of curiosity: would installing NPC Project on BGEE 2.5 induce a lot of troubles?

Do SCS and scales of balance are also meant to be played on the BGEE 2.3?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,700
    Feel free to collect the knowledge into one thread with all the straight info. There were several attempts by helpful souls. The community is a living thing and mods change all the time. Every mod list I ever saw got outdated eventually because the maintainers burned out.
    Ok, I get your point. Didn't mean to sound bad. It's just I got a little frustrated from trying to gather all those little pieces together which are all over the place. So, can I kindly ask, if you happen to know if SCS and scales of balance will work with BGEE 2.3 as well?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    SCS is intended to be played only on the latest (2.5) version, as its readme notes. If you want to try it on an earlier version, you're on your own.
    Thanks, missed that :) So I guess, NPC Project (the new beta) --> SCS --> Scales of balance, would be the correct order to install mentioned mods. All on v2.5 BGEE.