Skip to content

So, is that it? are they done

I haven't been following the dev of the EE version but I got it on steam and I'm playing it and such. Just wondering if they're finished with it or is there still development going on?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    We're far from being finished with NWN:EE.

https://trello.com/b/K0C0i8wF/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @loudent As I have stated in another thread, there is an update for the NWN:EE Development Build available through the Beamdog Client. As of this post however, I still can't update my game due to my connection being throttled to 0 B/s. Mr. @JuliusBorisov has assured me that they are working on it. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved before the end of their shift. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • loudentloudent Member Posts: 38
    Ok, cool, Just wasn't sure.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295

Trello boards haven’t been updated in a very long time. In fact, they still talk about bringing Neverwinter to android. It has been brought to android for over a year .
    That isn’t justification to his query.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Trello has been updated in February. If you mean https://trello.com/c/aX7Vw34K/159-bring-nwnee-to-mobile-devices-android-ios-and-consoles - then it includes iOS and consoles, so can't do anything about that card at the moment - it should still be in the Short-term Active category.

Substantial updates to the Trello board will come with the next patch(es).
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    A lot of the cards are also incorrectly placed. A number of streams and posts were made on these issues I believe and still you find things in the shipped category that have never been shipped nor shown off. Unless I'm mistaken and Beamdog has just hidden the features and not put them in patch notes here are a couple of examples of things misplaced as shipped:

https://trello.com/c/ZXE8CSow
    https://trello.com/c/3yTYcIsZ

You can't adjust character based vfx, and you can't send nwscript commands to activate, diable, and alter shaders. Now that isn't even to mention the things that are listed for short term and long term active development that have not made it through either time frame. Having a trello board that has been inaccurate and unreliable for almost a year isn't a good look for the project.

I'm just saying if it's going to still be linked I think you guys should really go through the cards and make sure it's all correct.
    @FreshLemonBun We've fixed that (the cards are back to Long Term Active). Thanks for spotting it. If you have any similar observations, feel free to share them.
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    For now bug fixes are very important and opening up the files for modding and such but in the long term I've really been hoping for news about a new Module or even a brand new Campaign by Beamdog.

The story of Neverwinter has been told enough for me, the game is called NWN but I wouldn't mind if we went somewhere else for a Campaign.

Also adding some prestige classes would be nice... Eldritch Knight, Mystic Theurge, Arcane Trickster, maybe some others too? Maybe? Please?
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2019
    @Cerabelus And now here I disagree. I would like module which concerns the city, but the one where player starts from zero, similar to NWN2 OC.

Also you can add the classes yourself, can you not? I still would like BD to focus more about game improvement/"opening up" rather than doing things many mods are(or might be) already doing well.
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    @DFDark
    There's a number of things I liked more in NWN 2, Obsidian Entertainment has a habit of making sequels that upstage the original despite the bugs.

I'm not saying I'd be totaly opposed to a Neverwinter setting but they'd have to go above and beyond to distance new content from the OC.

I had some discusions with other people about interesting places and after doing some minor searching there are plenty of places to choose from, Zakara sounded pretty dangerous...I wouldn't wanna be there at LVL 1.
  • loudentloudent Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2019
    Cerabelus wrote: »
    ... I've really been hoping for news about a new Module or even a brand new Campaign by Beamdog…

The magic of NWN has always been that the community can provide for itself. If you head over to the neverwinter vault you can find dozens (if not hundreds) of top quality modules. I'm not adverse to a new official module but I'm not sure that's the best use of their time.
    Also adding some prestige classes would be nice... Eldritch Knight, Mystic Theurge, Arcane Trickster, maybe some others too? Maybe? Please?

I'm with you. Just FYI there is a group (reformed) called the Player Resource Consortium that made a lot of new races, classs and prestige classes (as well as new feats, domains etc etc). they're reformed and are working with EE. All the classes you listed above and dozens of others. Right now I'm playing through the SOU module with an Avarial (race of elf) cleric/wizard/mystic Theurge. There are also PW up right now that support the PRC so you can play online with you're friends as well.

EDIT: forgot, here's a link to the PRC https://prcmanual.stillevande.com/
  • MrSpudMrSpud Member Posts: 6
    I just want them to fix the backward camera controls on Android, I didn't realize it would take over 7 months to change a few lines of code. It's hard not to feel like they don't care anymore when everything looks that way.

If I made a game and my beta testers told me the controls were backward and I told them I would fix it.. and then 7 months went by.. that's incredibly disrespectful to the paying customers. I'm not trying to be negative, beamdog needs to look at it from our perspective. Just make a small effort, anything.
  • Keyvin_OldKeyvin_Old Member Posts: 5
    Can we at least get a live stream of Trent playing the OC? I feel like that's penance more than enough for the lack of updates.