Skip to content

Pickpocketing random treasure

caescaes Member Posts: 33
Hello guys. It's nice to get back to this great game and to the forums.

I'm playing 2.5.16.6 version, and it seems that we are no longer able to pickpocket random treasure from neutral characters. Like random spell scrolls from amnish guards. I've looked into this via NearInfinity: random treasure is equipped in quickitem slot, SLTSTEAL.2DA shows that MISC1 is okay to steal, random treasure flags are ok as well. So, is this working as designed?
Post edited by caes on

Comments

• caescaes Member Posts: 33
    So, the post didn't get any attention, but still, this issue is clearly a bug, that needs to be fixed. Hope, beamdog staff will take notice.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Tagging @CamDawg for wisdom and insights.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    What exactly is happening when you attempt to pickpocket a guard? Is the game telling you the target has no items, the pickpocket always fails, etc.?

It seems to work fine for me:
    6t5e8biozvf1.gif

Do you / did you have any mods installed for that savegame? If you want you can upload the save so we can investigate further.
  • caescaes Member Posts: 33
    @Bubb Well, I went through all of my mods, and it seems that the issue is caused by the Wider selection of random scrolls: v32.3 component of SCS (installed on top of other mods)! To confirm that I uninstalled-reinstaled this component and loaded my save prior to first entering the Promenade.

@JuliusBorisov I'm sorry for the false alarm. Now I hate myself for being a moron.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    All good! It's always worth to double-check.