Skip to content

Things that irk you

13»

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Reading everywhere about social distancing. For some reason it makes me want to gouge the eyes out of the skull that invented this stupid buzzword.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited April 2020
    Ardanis wrote: »
    Reading everywhere about social distancing. For some reason it makes me want to gouge the eyes out of the skull that invented this stupid buzzword.

Yeah I hate buzzwords. Although, it could be worse. At least "social distancing" is accurately descriptive. The ones that really get me are when they are only true if you subscribe to a certain political position. Opiod crisis is one of my least favorites (yes, opiods can ruin lives and should be used sparingly, but it can also ruin lives to not treat severe daily chronic pain, which has happened to many all because of politics).
    Post edited by themazingness on
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2020
    Well, what irks *me* in this context are old ladies almost walking into me from all sides while I'm trying to keep my distance for *their* sakes, and they don't even see me because they're so busy complaining how stupid and exaggerated it is that they can't sit down somewhere to enjoy a cappuccino. As if there weren't other things to worry about.
    I have to keep myself from saying things like "yesterday I saw someone your age with Covid-19, and she was on a respirator".
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Arvia wrote: »
    Well, what irks *me* in this context are old ladies almost walking into me from all sides while I'm trying to keep my distance for *their* sakes, and they don't even see me because they're so busy complaining how stupid and exaggerated it is that they can't sit down somewhere to enjoy a cappuccino. As if there weren't other things to worry about.
    I have to keep myself from saying things like "yesterday I saw someone your age with Covid-19, and she was on a respirator".

Those old ladies are in the grocery stores here in Michigan too. Entitled people seem to be everywhere these days...
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Yesterday an elderly couple came up from behind and walked past me close enough to almost brush against my arm. Which I would find terribly annoying even under normal circumstances, considering I was sitting on a bench off the path on a meadow in the freaking forest. They could have literally walked 200 m away from me (on the path for example) and I'd still be the person closest to them.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    JoenSo wrote: »
    Yesterday an elderly couple came up from behind and walked past me close enough to almost brush against my arm. Which I would find terribly annoying even under normal circumstances, considering I was sitting on a bench off the path on a meadow in the freaking forest. They could have literally walked 200 m away from me (on the path for example) and I'd still be the person closest to them.

@JoenSo Maybe they are experiencing... gravitation?