Skip to content

[SPOILERS] Edwin Stays *Transformed*, thanks Beamdog Bugs

MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
edited July 2019 in Troubleshooting
Since Chapter 6 began, there is, if I recall correctly, a guy who was meant to show up days ago to discuss Edwin following his....change, and he has not shown up. What console code do I use to generate that fellow? (Save attached)

At this stage I'm tempted to begin the final chapter with Edwina in tow to see if that would be allowed (most others say the guy who discusses Edwin shows up way earlier). Suldanesselar is open, I have done almost all side quests, wiped out Kangaxx, etc, and nearing Level 30 on my Bard protagonist...can someone help me get Edwin back to being Edwin, or must I walk through to TOB with his transformed version in tow? I wonder how the game would even handle that, since this is *not* meant to happen. The (sex) change was meant to be reversed ages ago.
Post edited by Mythdracon on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    If you reach Hell before restoring him, he gets automatically restored.
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    Ok, good to know. But I've never seen the actual restoration--is there a way to spawn the guy who's involved?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Are you using mods? 99% of the time, mods are the cause of bugs.
    No mods. Just BGII: EE, which is buggy as all heck.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    its also possible, that you actually missed the guy that transforms edwin, sometimes when NPCs like this appear, they can appear in weird spots and if you move to fast from area to area, you can miss them sometimes

this also happened in the vanilla game, and in fact, this happened way more often in the vanilla than the EEs
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    okay, so for the most part, it was a pretty easy fix on my side, i just had to use the console code:

C:CreateCreature("degard")

and he appeared ( tell him you have no idea who this edwin is )

and then after that encounter use the code again

and then degardan will change edwin back and for the most part everything should be good
    JuliusBorisov
    Nice, thanks! You are very helpful. :)

(Not unlike when Sarevok triggers his massive strike thingy ability.)
    sarevok57JuliusBorisov