Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

ungodly Roll

Autoroller rolled this while I was afk for 4 hours. How would you distribute?
18 18 16 18 13 18 or push constitution to 18 to use the claw of kazgaroth?
6g9kmcs08q8z.jpg

SkatanSCARY_WIZARDJuliusBorisov

Comments

  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,136
    I'd drop charisma to 15. You're going to want to cast Friends before buying stuff anyway, and nothing above 20 changes prices.

  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 263
    Nah, wisdom's a lot less useful than charisma. On a bard, all it provides is lore (bonuses at 15 and up, penalties at 9 and below), and you'll have plenty of that anyway. Might as well drop it to 11 and have all of your other stats 18.

    ThacoBellSkatanMERLANCE
  • TruschkaTruschka Member Posts: 10
    edited August 15
    jmerry wrote: »
    Nah, wisdom's a lot less useful than charisma. On a bard, all it provides is lore (bonuses at 15 and up, penalties at 9 and below), and you'll have plenty of that anyway. Might as well drop it to 11 and have all of your other stats 18.

    Thats exactly how I did it. I will roam around the swordcoast with Khalid (fighter/Thief), Jaheira (totemic Druid), Minsc (Archer), Dynaheir (Cleric / Invoker) and Imoen the Skald. I usually want to play with other NPC´s but can´t get around the fact how they end up in Irenicus Dungeon anyway. Also the way Viconia and Edwin react in BG II it´s more like they´ve just barely met the Protagonist, instead of conquering half the swordcoast and overthrowing the Iron Throne together. After that I´d expect more than "wait I recognize you" like Viccy claims.

  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,563
    Truschka wrote: »
    jmerry wrote: »
    Nah, wisdom's a lot less useful than charisma. On a bard, all it provides is lore (bonuses at 15 and up, penalties at 9 and below), and you'll have plenty of that anyway. Might as well drop it to 11 and have all of your other stats 18.

    Thats exactly how I did it. I will roam around the swordcoast with Khalid (fighter/Thief), Jaheira (totemic Druid), Minsc (Archer), Dynaheir (Cleric / Invoker) and Imoen the Skald. I usually want to play with other NPC´s but can´t get around the fact how they end up in Irenicus Dungeon anyway. Also the way Viconia and Edwin react in BG II it´s more like they´ve just barely met the Protagonist, instead of conquering half the swordcoast and overthrowing the Iron Throne together. After that I´d expect more than "wait I recognize you" like Viccy claims.

    actually edwin does talk about this with the guard dude in the bridge district how charname was able to save BG the city or take down the iron throne or some such

  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 246
    In my experience that is a phenomenal roll for just 4 hours autorolling!

    MERLANCE
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 541
    Kurona wrote: »
    Truschka wrote: »
    Autoroller rolled this while I was afk for 4 hours.
    Autoroller
    4 hours
    Jesus, just edit your stats with EEKeeper at this point.

    I agree, but i'm aware that with bg rolling people have very wide opinions on what it's legit for them or not.

    Quartz
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 394
    Editing your stats with EEKeeper is cheating. Letting the autoroller go for a few days while you are out of town is completely acceptable.

    Balrog99ilduderinoPermidion_Stark
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 9,460
    MERLANCE wrote: »
    Editing your stats with EEKeeper is cheating. Letting the autoroller go for a few days while you are out of town is completely acceptable.

    They're both "cheating", heck, using EEkeeper requires MORE input from the player than using an autoroller.

    ZaxaresRik_Kirtaniya
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 372
    MERLANCE wrote: »
    Editing your stats with EEKeeper is cheating. Letting the autoroller go for a few days while you are out of town is completely acceptable.
    LOL

    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaArthasQuartz
  • SandkatzeSandkatze Member Posts: 34
    if you use what the system give's you it isn't cheating. if you use outside programms, it is. so 4 hours for a programm... on the other side, if you where the one to roll it, with your own hands WOHOO but so.... meh.

    Daevelon
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 476
    I suspect MERLANCE is being sarcastic. ;) Anyway, I agree with ThacoBell; they're both "cheating", but eh, if you're playing single player, go nuts if you want! You could adjust your stats to all 25's and I wouldn't care; it doesn't affect MY playing experience one bit.

    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaQuartz
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 263
    Want all 25 stats in single player? It doesn't take any outside tools - just import a character from later in BG1 and start again in Candlekeep. You even get to keep your equipment and inventory (except containers). Starting with a character of decent level and equipment, it's easy enough to speedrun all the tomes in a couple hours or so. I built a time-loop character like this once, then didn't bother doing anything more with him because it was just too cheesy.

    Now, my planned all-werewolf party relying on a bug/exploit in SCS? That I have no problem with.

  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,483
    MERLANCE wrote: »
    Editing your stats with EEKeeper is cheating.

    Nah, it's just optimization. :p
    MERLANCE wrote: »
    Letting the autoroller go for a few days while you are out of town is completely acceptable.

    But it's a cumbersome, time-consuming and far less efficient method to achieve the same result. ;)

  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,207
    When I'm rolling a character I always use the Minimum Stats Cheat from the Tweaks Anthology: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/tweaks/

    It enables you to set minimum stats between six and 15 for all the abilities. You still roll but you weed out all of the low scores. If I'm rolling a fighter or a thief I will generally set the minimums for STR, DEX and CON at 15 and the others at 10. You can fairly quickly get a character in the high 80s or low 90s. If you really want to go to town you can set all the scores with 15 as the minimum and it won't be long before you are rolling in the 100s.

    It's a lot quicker than an auto-roller and to my mind more fun than just assigning ability scores with EEKeeper. It still feels like you are rolling a character - even if the truth is you are playing with loaded dice.

  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 129
    That would only be fun if you had to take the roll you got, no + or -. Imo anyway.

Sign In or Register to comment.