Skip to content

Gust of wind animation in Warcraft III editor.

VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
I'm cooking up an adventure in Warcraft III. New heroes with new and customized abilities. It's going to be very dramatic and very epic, surely. Take my word for it. However, I'm looking for an animation. I seem to remember a spell animation similar to a gust of wind I wanted for one of my Shaman-type Heroes. Yes, this Hero has 4 skills called Earth, Fire, Wind and Water, and I wanted to keep to that theme animation-wise as well. Not a blast of ice, lightning, the Tornado or whatever, but literally something like a blast of wind sort of funnel-shaped emanating from the Hero and striking at the enemy unit.

I cannot for the love of God find it. I've been picking through every animation even remotely sounding like it could be some sort of wind attack and tested it to no avail. Anybody have a clue?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @DerpCity may perhaps be able to help, I think...
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited August 2019
    When you say a funnel, do you mean something that looks like like the Pandaren's Breath of Fire, but with wind? I don't believe there are any Air themed vfx's following that description in the base game, based on me opening up the world editor and looking over every spell and projectile model in the list, but after looking online I found this on the Hive Workshop.

In case we're talking about a basic projectile, again I don't think anything like that's in the base game, though I could be wrong. I looked up some unused models that can still be found in the World Editor, and found a model with a file path of "Abilities\Weapons\SteamMissile\SteamMissile.mdl" that looked promising, but it definitely doesn't look like a funnel, as seen in the picture below. I did see these two projectiles on the Hive Workshop that could work, though they aren't funnel shaped.

znxiq79473vm.png
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    Well, I fully acknowledge that I might have remembered it wrong.