Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

BG2EE Crashes when Loading

BertleBertle Member Posts: 29
Hey everyone,

So for a little while now I've been having a problem with BG2EE. Everything will be fine for days and then out of the blue my latest save files will stop working. When I try to go in to load the file it opens but then there is a little bell sound (similar to the sound that happens when you open a file that you have to permit to make changes on your computer) and then the game crashes. If I go back far enough in my saves, I can find one that doesn't have this problem and continue on from then. It will keep working for another little while and then the problem will occur again.

If I go into the save folder and delete the .sav file I can load the game fine (but I obviously don't want to do that since the game loses all memory of where I've been before). Regardless, I'm guessing this means there's some problem with the .sav file, but I have no idea what it is. I've attached my latest save file to this post.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,741
    okay, so i loaded up your game, and by the looks of it, it is heavily modded

i have a fresh clean install of bg2 and your game loads up no sweat and doesnt crush or the like

so it looks like one of your mods is doing the damage, i also noticed there is another npc in the area you are in ( which looks to be a modded npc ) perhaps that npc is causing the trouble? ( the female mage looking one )

or it could just be one of your mods in general

so my suggestion would be;

delete all of your mods and reinstall them one by one, until you find out which one is the problem

unfortunately i cant do this for ya because i have no mods installed on my game and mods dont carry over on save files

Bertle
  • BertleBertle Member Posts: 29
    Thanks! That's helpful (and relieving) to know that it's one of my mods and not something wrong with the base game.

I'll go through them one by one and see if I can figure out the problem. Thanks for figuring that bit out for me! Really helps!

sarevok57