Skip to content

BG2EE Crashes when Loading

BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
Hey everyone,

So for a little while now I've been having a problem with BG2EE. Everything will be fine for days and then out of the blue my latest save files will stop working. When I try to go in to load the file it opens but then there is a little bell sound (similar to the sound that happens when you open a file that you have to permit to make changes on your computer) and then the game crashes. If I go back far enough in my saves, I can find one that doesn't have this problem and continue on from then. It will keep working for another little while and then the problem will occur again.

If I go into the save folder and delete the .sav file I can load the game fine (but I obviously don't want to do that since the game loses all memory of where I've been before). Regardless, I'm guessing this means there's some problem with the .sav file, but I have no idea what it is. I've attached my latest save file to this post.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    okay, so i loaded up your game, and by the looks of it, it is heavily modded

i have a fresh clean install of bg2 and your game loads up no sweat and doesnt crush or the like

so it looks like one of your mods is doing the damage, i also noticed there is another npc in the area you are in ( which looks to be a modded npc ) perhaps that npc is causing the trouble? ( the female mage looking one )

or it could just be one of your mods in general

so my suggestion would be;

delete all of your mods and reinstall them one by one, until you find out which one is the problem

unfortunately i cant do this for ya because i have no mods installed on my game and mods dont carry over on save files
  • BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
    Thanks! That's helpful (and relieving) to know that it's one of my mods and not something wrong with the base game.

I'll go through them one by one and see if I can figure out the problem. Thanks for figuring that bit out for me! Really helps!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    no problemo