Skip to content

CD key NWN EE

Is it possible to use your old CD key for steam NWN EE ?.

Comments

• kaderkader Member Posts: 5
    You can't use a 1979 Alien ticket to watch a 2017 re-screen Alien in theater, right?
  • NK1990NK1990 Member Posts: 75
    kader wrote: »
    You can't use a 1979 Alien ticket to watch a 2017 re-screen Alien in theater, right?

@kader
    You do know that a cd key is not a ticket?, but a product number for your product you can re-use until the paper is turned to dust by time. Or something has happen to the registry of keys made by the old company, which is highly unlikely unless the company in charge of the old keys either was closed or went bankrupt, where in most cases, information such as that would be turned over to another, for safe keeping. Normally they would get sold with the source code of a game. Last year I registered a cabinet full of games in the steam console, and that is games dating all the way back to the start of 2000, all the games that got re-sold on steam registered without a problem.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    No, that is impossible.
    No, that is impossible.

@JuliusBorisov so you don't have the old keys ?.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    While save games and modules created in older versions of Neverwinter Nights are usable in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, NWN 1.69 players are not able to connect to NWN:EE servers. Like all previous patches, we change the networking model continuously to allow us to implement new features and fix bugs.

This is why your old CD key won't work for NWN:EE.
    @JuliusBorisov
    Seems like you would be more than able then, to let people use there old keys. Pretty sure you could do that with gogs version of NWN, but I will have to contact them to get and answer for that. I hope you decide to let people use the keys they have bought before, then after you are done making the game function like gog did, you can sell the part Making the game enhanced.