Skip to content

ToB spoilers for Jan

After you finish Jan's personal quests in SoA, he asks you to promise him you'll help him with his family matters, if they will come to be.

But I didn't have any personal quest starting in ToB. Was no content at all added for him?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    One suspects they’d planned to have a quest at some point, but ran out of time.
    ArthasgorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Thanks. Hopefully Jan's extended quest fixes the issue.
    JuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    The original SoA was distributed in a 4 cd package, 1 for installing it and 3 for the different areas, you had to change cd while traveling.
    The ToB expansion was also on cd, so it is possible that there was almost no npc related content, if not for some romances, due to cd space limitation.
    At that time the developers had to think in 700kb multiples and for most hard disks to host a whole game was a luxury that not all the players could afford, even if that option was available installing the game.
    Running off of time is not the onlypossible reason.
    OrlonKronsteenThacoBellAerakar
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    The original SoA was distributed in a 4 cd package, 1 for installing it and 3 for the different areas, you had to change cd while traveling.

Jeepers, I'd forgotten about that install option. I recant any romantic or nostalgic notions I may have ever had about going back to the turn of the century.

gorgonzolatbone1StummvonBordwehr
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    The ToB expansion was also on cd, so it is possible that there was almost no npc related content, if not for some romances, due to cd space limitation.
    At that time the developers had to think in 700kb multiples and for most hard disks to host a whole game was a luxury that not all the players could afford, even if that option was available installing the game.
    Running off of time is not the onlypossible reason.

i remember back in the day, i was playing bg2 so much that my cd2 got warn out and actually cracked from the middle going outwards, unbelievable, although luckily i did a full install and had ToB at the time so i could switch it over to the ToB CD instead haha
    gorgonzolatbone1OrlonKronsteenAerakar
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Did anyone play the mod Jan's extended quest ? And if the answer is positive, how is it ?