Skip to content

Davaeorn starts swinging his staff at me after just two spells?

I'm playing vanilla BG1. To anyone who played it: do you remember Davaeorn doing this? He cast lightning bolt and dire charm at me, and then proceeded to engage me in melee combat. I'm guessing it's because I ran out of his view several times and it messed up his script?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    He knows you're just too bad-ass for his spells to affect so he's hoping for a critical hit...
    Trauerweide
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    thesoloer wrote: »
    I'm playing vanilla BG1. To anyone who played it: do you remember Davaeorn doing this? He cast lightning bolt and dire charm at me, and then proceeded to engage me in melee combat. I'm guessing it's because I ran out of his view several times and it messed up his script?

that would probably be correct, from what i recall back in the day.....

he would dimension door to the one room and cast fireball or lighningbolt

then

he would dimension door somewhere else and do the same thing

and then after that he casts dire charm...... or hold person..... or maybe both?

and his final spell would usually be summon monster III and then he would resort to whacking you with his silly stick

gotta love how the devs back in the day were a bit lazy with spell caster spells, creative with the dimension doors, but lack luster when it came to the spell casting for sure

and plus as you said, you could have been messing his script up, and also back in the vanilla days you can actually interrupt mages by pressing pause at the right time, so if you were accidentally pausing at the right times, you may have been interrupting his spells as well haha
    thesoloergorgonzola
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    thesoloer wrote: »

that would probably be correct, from what i recall back in the day.....

he would dimension door to the one room and cast fireball or lighningbolt

then

he would dimension door somewhere else and do the same thing

and then after that he casts dire charm...... or hold person..... or maybe both?

and his final spell would usually be summon monster III and then he would resort to whacking you with his silly stick

gotta love how the devs back in the day were a bit lazy with spell caster spells, creative with the dimension doors, but lack luster when it came to the spell casting for sure

I just fought him on core rules on the current version of BGEE and he still does the same thing. I was soloing and he actually came very close to making a mess of me because I couldn't get him to stand still for long enough to let me knock out his mirror images. When he ran out of fireballs and lightning bolts we went toe-to-toe, trying to hit each other with sticks (I had an advantage here because mine was +3). However, I was also being attacked by the two Ogre Berserkers he had summoned. After I finally killed him I had to run away from them and rest up before I could go and grab the loot. This meant that his body had disappeared so I missed out on getting his key and wasn't able to flood the mine.

StummvonBordwehrgorgonzola