Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Unable to Launch Game Windows 10

fubeca6fubeca6 Member Posts: 2
Good Morning All - I apologize if this type of problem has been reported before; I did do a search but didn't find anything that matched my issue, and I'm hoping someone else has seen (and resolved) this before. Here's the issue:

PST: EE won't launch in Windows 10 - either from GOG Galaxy or directly from the EXE. In both cases, the icon shows up in my task bar and I can hear the starting music, very loud and choppy, but nothing ever appears on screen. In order to end it, I have to kill it with Task Manager.

I have a Dell Precision M 4700 Laptop with AMD Radeon Pro 555X OpenGL Engine, DirectX 9.0c. I've uninstalled and reinstalled OpenAL. I've also messed with the "SetPrivateProfileString('Window','Full Screen','0')" and "SetPrivateProfileString('Window','Maximized','0')" settings, without avail.

I've submitted a ticket to Beamdog Support on Saturday but as of today (Thursday) I haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing or have any tips on how to resolve it?