Skip to content

I thought i was romancing jaheira, but it was delusion...

I'm in chapter 2 almost 3 of the game, and i thought jaheira and i were getting along really well. I had heard she was a slow romance, so i was willing to wait.

Then I finally got curious bec no progress in quite a while, and use my pc to do a clua check on JaheiraRomanceActive - it actually said the global didn't even exist! Low score in the emotional intelligence, apparently.

I thought for sure two women, including a gnome or halfling charname, could romance - it went great with viconia in my only other bg2 runthrough many years go! But now i see that i must've had some mod that time.

Seems i need to try to figure out how to do a tweaks anthology install into pc and then copy the required files to android - but is that even safe to do mid-game?

I'd hate to start over but no romance (anomen left in a huff when we got stuck too long in another dimension in the planar sphere, while "we neglected his sister's rotting corpse") is a big disappointment.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You can install a romance-for-all type of mod and then let jaheira's flow a bit quicker via eekeeper or cheat console.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited October 2019
    You could romance Rasaad, Hexaat or Dorn I think
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I'm pretty sure that in the default installation, Jaheira (as well as Viconia, Aerie and Neera) will only romance male characters. Hexxat is the only lesbian romance option, but she may not be everybody's cup of blood. ;)

As DJKajuru suggests though, you can install mods that remove the restrictions from romances, although I don't know if installing it at this stage would seriously mess up something with your game.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2019
    SirBaldur wrote: »
    I'm in chapter 2 almost 3 of the game, and i thought jaheira and i were getting along really well. I had heard she was a slow romance, so i was willing to wait.

It's just like Elvis Costello says:

Chapter One: We didn't really get along.
    Chapter Two: I think I fell in love with you.
    You said you'd stand by me in the middle of Chapter Three
    But you were up to your old tricks in Chapters Four
    Five and Six . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1d4r9awjKE
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
  • TheMadVikingTheMadViking Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2019
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    A womans heart is a vast ocean, deep and mysterious.
    Jahera has a fascinating combination of well written dialogue and character development, buggy scripts and cut content.
    She’ll keep you guessing for decades...
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Jaheira really should have been available to either gender, given her personality, but that was verboten when BG2 was first released. As it is, her romance works astonishingly well with a female PC, if you can deal with the two (maybe three) times that she makes a gendered comment. You can also force the match from the console, though I have long forgotten the command.

I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a mod to fix the tiny bit of content that implies the PC's gender.
  • SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    edited October 2019
    i was able to install the tweaks anthology and activated the romance options to allow same gender and mixed races (gnome), and then force-activated the romance (and copied necessary files back to android).

was a bit worried doing so mid-game might cause an issue, so i didn't turn on very many of the tweaks (ammo stacking though... what an improvement!), and seems like everything transitioned smoothly