Skip to content

2.6 patch any news?

2»

Comments

• ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    If users don't follow the rules they can be kicked from the forums, I think that is totally ok.
    Even though I may disagree how Beamdog approaches some topics, I'm still grateful for their overall work, respect it and the people behind it, putting work into it, at all times.
    I'm pretty sure 99 % of the people on here do as well.
    We're very grateful to each and every translator and bug reporter. The answers you get on the Service Desk are not automated, it's a real person writing them and then sharing the bug reports with the team.
    This is something I don't agree with and here is the proof, easy to look it up:
    Some tickets back from 2019 went into the resolved status instantly after I created them and then just got closed without further commenting why, even though I asked for the reason (e. g. BGCS-224, BGCS-225, BGCS-226).
    Some other tickets I created back in 2019 have neither been responded to at all nor have they been assigned (e. g. IDPTS-131, IDPTS-132, BGCS-227, BGCS-228).
    The rest of the tickets I created back in 2019 have been escalated but not been responded to, not one at all (e.g. IDPTS-72, IDPTS-78, IDPTS-128 and many more).
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to report bugs because I think this will make it easier for the dev team but if I get the feeling the dev team doesn't value that, it bugs me a lot.
    Nowadays one of the most important KPIs support teams get measured with is first response time and everybody tries to stay under the magical 12 hour mark but at Beamdog there hasn't been a response for the last months at all.
    With all given respect but whoever is responsible for that ticket system is not doing a good job at the moment, plain and simple.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited March 2020
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Timbo0o0o0 "Most of the critical Spokesman got kicked off the Forum, not a noble move, by the way."

Yeah, because they started outright attacking other forumites in the threads. You break the rules here, there are consequences. One user went on a tirade so bad that they felt the need to delete all their comments across multiple threads.

yeah this isnt rpg codex. you can't just attack beamdog and it's members with out consequence.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    edited March 2020
    I am confident that there will be a patch, and I am patient - besides at bug with file import on IWD:ee my versions works fine for me (small screen iOS user). Others have different opinions and have other grievances. And it’s perfectly ok. It’s their view, and theirs to have.

I hope we can respect those differences we have in our opinions. I don’t like to be told what to think, and I bet neither do others. So I hope we can leave room for the grievances and lack of patience. And let’s remember that we have lost some that already have given much, so I hope we shan’t endure more losses.

The forum and community is more than the patch, so I hope we can maintain cordiality and friendship even though we disagree. And let’s try not to rip up old wounds, that are better left tended.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    All in all, I am pretty happy with the current version anyway. The only bug I care right now is your party member getting stuck because their circles are put on each other. The interface could benefit from a lift as well, but I am using mods for that anyway.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    People still talking like this is last patch? Last comment we got from Beamdog was that this is not intended to be the last. I get that plans can change, but they are hiring a producer to organize this stuff. I doubt its just for the duration of a single patch. Let's wait for an announcement from Beamdog before we exclaim that this is the end.
This discussion has been closed.