Skip to content

Portrait Query

IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
I'm enjoying a playthrough where I've found two portrait mods I'm happy with: Portraits, Portraits, Portraits, and The Picture Standard. I installed them in that order.

The main problem I've run into is that Finch has an OOC portrait (she looks like a very stern cleric) and Xan doesn't have a portrait at all.

If I export my current character into a new playthrough (which I understand might be necessary to fix this), what should I check for in the override folder to patch these issues?

Comments

• ChaoticTabrisChaoticTabris Member Posts: 13
    It might be easier to just change their portraits in EEKeeper and continue with your current save. Changing portraits in EEKeeper is extremely easy.

I do have to say that i also have both of these mods and Finch still has her vanilla portrait. I haven't met Xan yet but i'll tell how he looks when I find him. All other vanilla NPCs have their original portraits as well. I'm pretty sure this was caused by one of the options in the components for The Picture Standard.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    portraits portraits everywhere does not come with a xan portrait for some reason. you need to add one yourself to get it to show up.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I went back to this again and discovered that actually there is a Xan portrait in the override file (one for each of the 3 sizes, plus a "Xan., and it shows up correctly on the "facesheet" part of the GUI, but it only doesn't show up correctly when speaking to Xan and on the right side of the screen.

So, I think the problem is different than there being no file. :/

EDIT: Looks like changing his .bmp files to lowercase X fixes this behavior maybe, for some reason: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64843/xan-portrait-problem
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Something else bizarre is that Finch's character is named "Our eyes meet far too often Coran, *sigh*"