Skip to content

Really disappointed and regret my PS4 purchase.

Oddeye2kOddeye2k Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
I'm really disappointed that the lack of Multiplayer wasn't empathized more in the entire time I've been waiting for this product. Me and my friend were looking forward to playing together since it was announced and somehow, despite checking up on it constantly, we both completely overlooked that there'd be no multiplayer....

Just buying the game at 60ish dollars each put us both back - him moreso than me. We both work full time at low income jobs, but unlike me he's not a bloody basement dweller buying this product at that price will defiantly F him up this week but he did it anyway, because he wanted to play through the game on multiplayer with me.

I just feel really annoyed, and a little misled. I must have googled this game a thousand times over the last year and not once did something pop up saying "game will not support multiplayer". Guess I shouldn't have assumed huh, should have expected nowadays.
GaelicVigilAedan

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Fair enough. What more can I say as a Beamdog rep? It's sad to see such comments but I totally understand you.

But, never say never. The team is still interested in overcoming the challenges, perhaps they will do it eventually.

I'm sending you a hug, this is the most I can do!

Also, I can recommend trying D:OS 2 on console (which has MP) which sometimes feels as a successor to these games.
    StummvonBordwehrspacejawsZaxaresAerakar
  • SlepkavaSlepkava Member Posts: 2
    Oddeye2k wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed that the lack of Multiplayer wasn't empathized more in the entire time I've been waiting for this product. Me and my friend were looking forward to playing together since it was announced and somehow, despite checking up on it constantly, we both completely overlooked that there'd be no multiplayer....

Just buying the game at 60ish dollars each put us both back - him moreso than me. We both work full time at low income jobs, but unlike me he's not a bloody basement dweller buying this product at that price will defiantly F him up this week but he did it anyway, because he wanted to play through the game on multiplayer with me.

I just feel really annoyed, and a little misled. I must have googled this game a thousand times over the last year and not once did something pop up saying "game will not support multiplayer". Guess I shouldn't have assumed huh, should have expected nowadays.

Howdy. Do you know how to share games on Ps4? If you don't, I'd look it up. Only one of you need to buy the digital copy and you both get access to it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    That really sucks dude. I feel you, had a similar experience with a bifferent game.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    This one really surprised me as those games have MP since the 90ths

Is it true for all consoles or it is just a Sony thing? A friend o' mine wants to buy it (for Switch IIRC) and I would like to give him a heads up.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Raduziel wrote: »
    This one really surprised me as those games have MP since the 90ths

Is it true for all consoles or it is just a Sony thing? A friend o' mine wants to buy it (for Switch IIRC) and I would like to give him a heads up.

as far as i have heard, no console supports multiplayer

although, if im not mistaken, this is something that beamdog might look into

from what i heard, the reason why the consoles don't have multiplayer right now, is because apparently the challenges of getting it to work are huge

so hopefully sometime in the future, it could be implemented, but we will have to see
    StummvonBordwehr
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    To be honest, I think that MP in the IE games is something that shouldn't exist.

Since vanilla was launched I've tried some MP sessions and either I struggle with the game itself (make the thing work) or with six people hitting the Pause button.

But, of course I know, that is my experience.

Anyway, texted my friend and he said that will wait for the first patch before buying to "let more patience players iron out the bugs" for him. I said that by 2023 he'll probably get a good deal on those games, so that's a wise move.

He didn't understand the joke but he will in time.

Anyway, thanks.
    sarevok57
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    BG series set the standards of how NPC’s should be implemented back in the days - multiplayer wasn’t the main feature and has never really worked.

Most players abstain from playing multiplayers since the allure from the IE games have always been NPC’s - just check out the vast amount of NPC mods.

It’s cool that some want to MP, but when prioritising BD made the obvious choice when delaying or even abstaining from getting MP availability. But I do hope it comes , so all can enjoy their purchase. The reviews look great so far, so the games should be be very enjoyable
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • achung3512achung3512 Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to just implement a simple patch for local multiplayer if the cross platform online is too complicated?