Hi folks, has been a long time!
Today I want to create a topic about how modding can make you character(s) more interesting and unique, to overcome some OPness from the old F/M dual and to have more interesting gameplay.
I will put my 2 picks, one with the Charname I enjoy to play the most and 1 with the hip charname I have been a fun of in my last run.
Blade with RR mod
- level 7/8 spells over the nosense rogue HLA has in PnP. Bards are the best early game buffing machine/dispellers due to fast levels progression, even if most of those spells don't stack (sadly) after level 20, adding the proper arcane caster progression makes them way more fun late game, hoping that you are not addicted to BG2 vanilla spike trap non sense
- free pips in 2WF has in PnP means 2 extra profencies in whatever you wish over the non modded game, giving my blade the utility to use any situational weapon in the game, even if most of the time he is gonna stick with the old but gold scarlet/belm.
- as all bards UAI and harp of pandemonium rush. This is indeed one of my top 5 OP items in the game since, even full modded with tweaks, scs etc the push effect on use doesn't give any save, making this harp the best "interrupt" of the game.
- no epic bard songs as PnP HLA, no level 9 spells, 1 atk/round. Somebody can say that a random Kensai9/mage can just give up on GM and go multitasking with 1 pips on utility weapons to do the same job while being just better at it. You are problably right! But that doesn't stop me enjoying my blade, skulltrap anybody?
Stalker13/cleric with IWDspell Mod and druid/cleric spells 1-7 enabled
Oh lord, I tried to make bers9/druid work so much in my BG2 life, just couz I like to be off meta, but after playing a bit of IWD HoF I couldn't go back to BG2 druid spellbook. With this dual (and a small mod) you gain it all!
- literally ALL the divine spell goodies in the game (plus IWD ofc), 2.5 atk/round with 3x backstabbing on club of detonation/staff and a lookable off hand depending on situation (FoA/DoE).
- cleric weapons selection in general (where is my OH plus 1 APR weapon?!) and, even worst, as backstabber and the WORST armor in the game: stud leather with no access to rogue armors basically means bracer of defense on stick with a slow dual on top of that.
-in the end, you are a god divine caster wich make yourself still shit compared to any arcane caster. I NEVER bring a divine caster with me in BG2 and this cleric on steroid remembered me exactly why but, no matter what, chaotic command plus ironskin has always been a great fun!
And now let's hear your favorite guys
no matter how you play, have fun with BG2 as always!