Skip to content

Balduran's sea tower quest mod

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited November 2019
    Didn't know it existed. I wish I had, as that looks like a nice add-on. A shame I'm already late-game at this point.

I do think you posted this in the wrong area, though. That's a BGEE mod, not a BG2EE. Pretty sure you don't get to return to Baldur's Gate once you wake up in Athkatla. ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    edited November 2019
    The mod was discussed quite intensely at the forums
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71447/baldurs-gate-arms-and-armour-emporium
    Apparently content was borrowed and tweaked into this mod without prior permission/consent. This caused (rightfully so) a stir.

Seeing the mod operational at baldursextendedworld, where they main host have been accused of the very same, I would reckon that many would abstain from using it - and me as well.

If everything is sorted out, I would be happy to play it. The artwork do look awesome.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    The artwork itself was "borrowed" from older work made by Yovaneth et al as well iirc ...
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    <SHS staff mode>
    I don't think "borrowed" is the appropriate word for such a behavior.
    </SHS staff mode>

Even if I understood your tone... :)
    It's a real shame because they put so much work into these gorgeous maps and I have a feeling that if it was me at least, I would be rather discouraged to keep working on this after someone else just appropriates it in this manner. And whatever Yovaneth and Miloch were ever going to do with this, it would indubitably be hundred times better than Roxanne's mess.
    The project has never been abandoned. Many confirmed modders are still working on it. So, don't despair playing it, sooner than expected. ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited November 2019
    I would say "confirmed" modders always release classical and enhanced games compatible versions. :p

But as this project is still on development, I will let them announce it when they feel the time has come...
    I know it's still being worked on, I just wanted to express my consternation ( and implicitly admiration for those of you who have more equanimity than I would and continue doing so despite this toxic drama in the community).
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    The mod with the original and uncontested art work has been released for beta testing:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77570/mod-baldurans-seatower-mod-in-progress
    So if one is ready for a mod that includes the beautiful art work, your wish has come true