Skip to content

using EEkeper with iOS and windows for BG2:EE

Hi,

I want to use EEkeper to edit my save game I exported from my iPhone. The problem is, that I have no working version of BG2:EE on my windows computer.
I managed to extract the Baldur.ini and the Baldur.lua from the iOS game.
I also create a game folder under C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save where I put the folder 000000004-Quick-Save-2-TOB in.

How can I edit my saves on windows without having a working copy of BG2:EE on my computer. Are the files Baldur.ini and Baldur.lua usefull and where do I have to store them?

Thanks.

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    BillRizer wrote: »
    How can I edit my saves on windows without having a working copy of BG2:EE on my computer.

Try following the first four points of this guide, they'll show you how to get to the game folder of your iOS game.
    After that, put EEKeeper there (where the file chitin.key is) and it'll hopefully recognize your save folder 'C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save\000000004-Quick-Save-2-TOB'....
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    I have tried it a couple of times in the past, but it couldn’t get it working

The problem is that EE keeper can’t locate the in game files - EE keeper searches for it at the location where it is supposed to install I’d reckon (both for CPU and the “other electronic device that is not a CPU but people some how still think is useful “)?

If any find a work around I will appreciate it. Or even better an app in the App Store B)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    The problem is that EE keeper can’t locate the in game files - EE keeper searches for it at the location where it is supposed to install I’d reckon (both for CPU and the “other electronic device that is not a CPU but people some how still think is useful “)?

I see.... What about NearInfinity? Have you tried with that?
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    Luke93 wrote: »

I see.... What about NearInfinity? Have you tried with that?

No, not yet. I was used to the shadow keeper system from days of old, and haven’t really got around to near infinity - but I guess it’s about time.

RL is really stressful at the moment, so I will do the modding, near infinity and EE keeper tinkering around Christmas times. I will report if I will find out something useful.