Skip to content

Latest Patch Bugs in just the First Minutes

Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
edited December 2019 in General Discussions NWN:EE
  1. Screen Edge camera turning no longer works. I tried enabling, disabling it, different UI settings, to no avail. This is a game buster. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong.
  2. Keyholing works on things it shouldn't, like the grass at your character's feet. Furthermore, keyholing is on by default and I can't find a way to shut it off. I set it to false in settings.tml, saved it, but it stays on. If you restart the game, it overwrites your save and resets it back to True
  3. UI settings seem to be busted. The UI scale of 2 no longer sticks on my res settings and it just reverts back to 1. In the 1920x1080, the cursor does not actually point at what it is on. It's about 1-2 centimeters off of everything. This is unplayable because everywhere I click is now not what I should be clicking. If I click on Options in the Menu, I'm on Rest, and so on.... this is a game buster.
  4. Also in 1920 x 1090, any kind of fx -- portals, torch lights, light shafts, move with the character's frame of reference, as if they have an axis and rotate about, when these things should be static and locked in place. I am now forced to play at an inferior resolution.

I can't play with this new patch. I'll be reverting back.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Hit ALT-ENTER when the game starts. It defaults to Windowed Mode.
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Hit ALT-ENTER when the game starts. It defaults to Windowed Mode.

I see. If one hits alt-enter, then you go back to Full screen mode, but the correct version, and camera edge screen turn is back on. However, if you play in windowed mode or any other mode for that matter, the screen is locked and will not turn. Not very intuitive, nor would anyone know this if they weren't a forum rat like me. And why is windowed mode the default if camera screen turning can't be enabled on it?

It appears that keyholing can be disabled but only if you go through Cont-Alt-F12 method, and then bring up Config, put on your readers, and try to spy the setting in the long list.

• WaweynWaweyn Member Posts: 3
    My game looks like the mobile version. The font has that blocky-ness to it, I don't know how to describe it... But I've played NWN through Mobile and it's almost like they just transferred some mobile settings onto the PC version, except the main menu. I also have that keyhole effect through walls and the resolution doesn't save correctly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Grizzled_Dwarflord Please check out the patch notes, they contain descriptions of how to change settings.

If you still have an issue, please report at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that we could investigate.
  • WaweynWaweyn Member Posts: 3
    Nevermind.. I figured out the problem. I had to change "windowed" to "fullscreen" and large-font = true to false in the settings.tml. Trying to fix the fullscreen in-game didn't save for me and the large font is what made it look like it was the mobile version.
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Quick question and hijack: Is the new Toolset included in this release (like the scaling of placables and creatures)?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, it's included.
  • Daijin_HeartlightDaijin_Heartlight Member Posts: 11
    @Grizzled_Dwarflord
    My personal experience:

If you are running nwserver and try to change the .tml settings it only works with some of them, some are saved, some default on next load. To fix this i loaded the single player campaign and changed everything the way i wanted, and commited. Ran nwserver again, and it remembered the commits. Something about running nwserver prevents some of the .tml from commiting. Mentioning this in case you are adjusting settings while running nwserver. Hope this helps.
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    @Grizzled_Dwarflord
    My personal experience:

If you are running nwserver and try to change the .tml settings it only works with some of them, some are saved, some default on next load. To fix this i loaded the single player campaign and changed everything the way i wanted, and commited. Ran nwserver again, and it remembered the commits. Something about running nwserver prevents some of the .tml from commiting. Mentioning this in case you are adjusting settings while running nwserver. Hope this helps.

Wasn't running nwnserver, just the game. It seems that if I make changes in the settings.tml, those settings should save.
    Are you sure your Antivirus or UAC is not interfering, preventing saving the settings?
  • jpsweeney94jpsweeney94 Member Posts: 93
    Anyone else lose sound completely in NWN after update?
  • jpsweeney94jpsweeney94 Member Posts: 93
    Also Hak Editor doesn't allow BMU files despite patch notes claiming music files can be included in Haks now. Can we can get an update for the Hak Editor in "util" folder?