Skip to content

New Update messed up my game

Hello !

Since newest update 1.79 today my game is messed up.

1.)

My language has changed. It was on german, after the update it was suddenly on english.

Steam-Configurations are all on german, but that was ignored by the update.

I even deinstalled the whole game and reinstalled it, but that has not changed anything, game is still on english.

Writing Language=de in config-file does not change anything.

2.)

All textboxes are now incredibly small after the update. The films are also small and not fullscreen any more.

3.)

Since the update sometimes a white beam / bar is appearing sometimes on top of the screen, pressing ALT+ENTER make it disappear.

I dont know what i can do about these problems now.

Update 1.79 destroyed everything, messed my whole game up, i never had these problems before the newest update. When i played the game yesterday everything was 100 % ok, no problems, now all has turned into a mess.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited December 2019
    Hello! Check out this post about changing language - https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/discussions/0/1738883070318818089/?tscn=1575319165#c1738883070319200038 and https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/discussions/0/1738883070319849992/?tscn=1575378352

Please read through the patch notes to find more information on how to change settings, including fullscreen.
  • MagicMasterMagicMaster Member Posts: 20
    @JuliusBorisov

Thank you very much ! That fixed it !

Now only the problem with the tiny textboxes and non-fullscreen films remains.

I found out, that changing the resolution to a different one and then back makes the UI-Skaling 2 available, but when i save the settings and start game again, all is set back to old settings. Settings arent saved.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Ok, good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. Our team will definitely "stabilize" the stable patch based on the feedback.
    Ok, nice to hear ! Thank you !
  • WaweynWaweyn Member Posts: 3
    Go into the settings.tml and the last part of the Graphics section is Graphics.Window. I had to change that from "windowed" to "fullscreen", and match the width/height to your monitor. I also had to change the "large-font" setting in the UI section to "false" instead of "true", if your tiny textboxes meant that it was tiny font, you can change that to "true" to make it larger.
    @Waweyn

Thank you very much ! Setting mode from "windowed" to "fullscreen" solved everything !!

Font was ok before, but text-boxes have been incredibly small. Setting mode to fullscreen turned everything to normal state !
    addition --> large-font=false really looks better, thx !
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited December 2019
    Glad to have found this thread. My game was also totally messed up after the update. Changing settings in the menu didn't work most of the time where the UI scaling was concerned, and they didn't save when I restarted the game. Camera turning at the edges didn't work at all.

Changing the mode to fullscreen in settings.tml and setting the value for "borderless" to "true" solved my problems. Camera turning with the mouse at the edges now works again, too.