Skip to content

nwserver.exe No Longer Working

Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
edited December 2019 in General Discussions NWN:EE
As of the update, I am no longer able to start the server client. I am receiving the following message:

446g0jwkja3f.png

Thinking that the shortcuts were no longer valid, I ran it straight from the 00785 Bin folder but I am still getting the same results. What happened?

Late edit: nwmain no longer opens either. Only the toolset.exe will run.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Please try to install all the game files fully. And 32bit is no longer supported after this update. Please also join the Neverwinter Vault discord channel - the similar issue has been discussed there.

Tagging @Sherincall
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Please try to install all the game files fully. And 32bit is no longer supported after this update. Please also join the Neverwinter Vault discord channel - the similar issue has been discussed there.

Tagging @Sherincall

Not sure what you mean by "fully". I just ran the Beamdog Client updater. There's not an option for a "partial install". I since tried running the Restore option but to no avail. Are you saying I need to uninstall and reinstall?
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Thanks @Sherincall ! That was quite bumpy. I nearly threw the baby out with the bathwater. However, I did install the visual c download, turned off firewall (for some reason since the update none of my security settings recognize any of my server configs or beamdog), rebooted, and was finally able to get it up.

Quite bumpy, though.