Skip to content

1.79 on GOG

AFAIK, Gog still doesnt released the 1.79 version. Anyone know how I can update my game?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Wait.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CelesTialCelesTial Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 12
    Yep, don't update unless you're okay with the patch breaking a lot of things such as community content modules.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Community content modules are not broken :~ or there would be an entire thread about it over at Neverwinter Vault.
    Grymlorde
  • CelesTialCelesTial Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 12
    Right... this only affects some people, still not worth taking the risk at the moment. :)
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, I wouldn't be in a rush. This update is buggy. There are lots of crashing and resolution issues, though the resolution issues should be fixable. The crashing issues may or may not affect the content you are running (or your ability to even play the game).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hey, everyone!

It should be coming to GOG soon - we're working on it!
  • TomRotflTomRotfl Member Posts: 26
    What about Android update? I thought that Android version was being released at the same time of the PC version since many recently released features were already on the Android version of the game.

Will that be delayed for long?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The Android version is a different beast. It got its big update during the summer. It will get a new update, but not now.
  • WolfPaw99WolfPaw99 Member Posts: 11
    What does .... it should be coming to GOG soon - were working on it mean? Can we have some type of ETA? PW's have updated and this restricts GOG players from being able to play. Thanks
    Darvins
    We are testing quick fixes on Steam. We want the patch coming to GOG to be as stable as possible.
    TarotRedhand
    So... that is still not any type of ETA. Why put out an update if it is not stable and breaks things? Does not make much sense. A release should be made when all the problems are fixed for each platform.
    Darvins
  • DarvinsDarvins Member Posts: 4
    The issue is on Persistent worlds that have already updated those of us on GoG can no longer play on them. It's really annoying so while the update may be buggy as all heck, it might be better than you know, being locked out of an increasing number of servers.
    themazingnessWolfPaw99
    Darvins wrote: »
    The issue is on Persistent worlds that have already updated those of us on GoG can no longer play on them. It's really annoying so while the update may be buggy as all heck, it might be better than you know, being locked out of an increasing number of servers.

This is one of the many reasons why Beamdog needs to start releasing games, patches, and DLC simultaneously across platforms rather than haphazardly.
    WolfPaw99TarotRedhand
  • Holy_Falcon2Holy_Falcon2 Member Posts: 5
    Is android not having a update now the reason it can't crossplay with switch? I'm having trouble cross playing on my switch with a android user, we can't view each others servers at all
    Is android not having a update now the reason it can't crossplay with switch? I'm having trouble cross playing on my switch with a android user, we can't view each others servers at all

We're aware, thanks. I have passed the info to the dev team.
    Holy_Falcon2
  • GambrowGambrow Member Posts: 5
    No release in GOG yet. Who plays in PW servers is f***** (like me).
    WolfPaw99
    Please hold on a bit, as we're still working on the patch.
    jpsweeney94
    I have always purchased from GOG, but I am thinking I may start buying more from Steam if GOG is going to take this long and give no real ETA
  • Holy_Falcon2Holy_Falcon2 Member Posts: 5
    WolfPaw99 wrote: »
    I have always purchased from GOG, but I am thinking I may start buying more from Steam if GOG is going to take this long and give no real ETA

I'm not sure its Gogs fault
    themazingnessRifleLeroy

Agreed. I've seen developers coordinate their GoG and Steam releases. It isn't a GoG issue.
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    I don't remember how long i waited for the GOG release of NWN EE but that took ages too.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2019
    At least you've already got the DLC "Tyrants of Moonsea". We who bought NwN directly from BD are still waiting for that and it came out on steam back in August.

TR
    themazingnessDerpCity

Agreed. I've seen developers coordinate their GoG and Steam releases. It isn't a GoG issue.

While it may not be GOGs fault or directly their issue, indirectly it is a GOG problem. If I knew in advance that they do not update until after Steam and then give no ETA.... I would have just purchased from Steam and saved myself the aggravation. Now knowing this I will make future purchases through Steam.
    themazingness

While it may not be GOGs fault or directly their issue, indirectly it is a GOG problem. If I knew in advance that they do not update until after Steam and then give no ETA.... I would have just purchased from Steam and saved myself the aggravation. Now knowing this I will make future purchases through Steam.

Yeah, it is part of there reason I don't always get games on GoG. I wish GoG carried more weight with developers than Steam did. I do like that the client is much more optional, and that I can archive my games on personal storage backups rather than relying totally on the client like you do with Steam. But a lot of games just don't show up on it, lack features, or lack a community there.
  • RifleLeroyRifleLeroy Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2019
    GOG-> NWN_EE -> DOWNLOADS -> Game installers and updates: still the patch 78.7186

don't tell me i have to download the whole game again to get the 1.79.
    The update is available from the Galaxy. It'll take time (maybe even a day or more) till they update the offline installers.
  • RifleLeroyRifleLeroy Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2019
    The update is available from the Galaxy. It'll take time (maybe even a day or more) till they update the offline installers.

This patch will fix the framerate drop the game suffer when a player summon certain creature (e.g fairy dragon) ?
    The new renderer is still not in. However, you can use this hakpak to address the Fairy Dragon issue: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/hakpak/ee-familiar-glitter-removal
  • DarvinsDarvins Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2019
    Patch in huzzah... and now my game won't start at all *sigh*

Issue has now been solved it's an error on my end, if anyone else gets the same issue installing the below and picking Windows version fixes it. Thanks to the advice I got elsewhere from a Beamdog employee for this hoping it helps others elsewhere http://www.openal.org/downloads/
    Post edited by Darvins on