Skip to content

1.79 version questions

Hi. Please can someone assist with the following questions:

* where can I find the Full patch notes?
* How do I disable keyholing by default?
* How do I return to runnign rather than walking by defualt for the main character and the party?
* How do I return to fullscreen rather then windowed mode by default?

Many thanks! :)

Comments

• DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    edited December 2019
    As a technoob, I really don't understand the patch notes.

Also, what is "keyholing?" sounds dirty.

The game looks different now, fuzzy/blurry. How can I reset it to normal sharpness?

Currently it runs on full settings, everything enabled. I guess I should switch something off, but no idea what 3/4 of the settings mean.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited December 2019
    Hello!

The patch notes are linked in the announcement. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77598/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-1-79-patch-released#latest

They are a very long document, please read through it, and you will find the info about enabling and disabling features, such as keyholing.

"Walking/Running with shift held down is now an invertible config toggle. This is also accessible through the Debug UI."

There is a known issue that the game returns to windowed mode but Alt-Enter can be used as a workaround.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    edited December 2019

They are a very long document, please read through it, and you will find the info about enabling and disabling features, such as keyholing.

It the patch notes confuse me as much as the different graphics / video / control options for the game.

Still not happy with the the fuzzy/blurry graphics. I know that pre-patch, I had a perfectly sharp image and now it's not. Hard on the eyes.

Is there somewhere an idiot-proof explanation of what setting in the control section does what? So I know which to switch off.

Thanks for Alt-Enter, it does help to regain control of the game (was practically unplayable without).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Try toggling settings under graphics.window and make sure you set height and width appropriate for your screen resolution.

siz4vyjpi0di.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Wow, that's a fancy screen, how do you open that?

If I can access that, I'll try your suggestion of course!
    Ctrl+Shift+F12. It's mentioned in those long patch notes. ;)
    thank you, think I found it:

"A debug UI for advanced users to showcase experimental new features and UI scenes has been implemented (Ctrl+Shift+F12 to access"

I guess you meant this? Kinda lost me on "debug UI" and" UI scenes" here. Digispeech, I don't do well. Just a simple D&D player trying to play a pc game.
    Yes, this. ;)

I saw a few mentions of fuzzy/blurry graphics on TW - I think it means the resolution is not appropriate and needs to be changed. Don't be afraid to change this or that setting - you can always set it back.
    edited December 2019
    I assume that toggling the reset buttons will set it to the default options, if I mess around too much? That's a great feature.
  • EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    @JuliusBorisov how do we revert the patch to the prior stable version if using the Beamdog client until my PW has made it work with our systems
    edited December 2019
    The Beamdog Client doesn't have an option to revert back. However, all Beamdog customers who have NWN:EE have Steam keys for NWN:EE.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited December 2019
    Hmmm, while I appreciate all the feedback (and I really do), the patch notes are completely undecipherable, and two of my questions remain unanswered, namely:

* How to I revert to running (not walking) as a default?
    * How do I remove the keyholing function?

I looked at CTRL_SHFT_F12, but frankly it's nonsense to me.

Can anyone help please, in simple terms? At the moment I'm struggling to find anything beneficial about the patch so far that will actually benefit my experience, or even make the game playable again.

Thanks! :)
    @Dharius

Ctrl+Shift+F12

Click the Config tab from above. Scroll down till you see graphics.keyholing THere you can remove the keyholing function

Scroll down a bit more, and you will see input.keyboard. This is for "Walking/Running with shift held down is now an invertible config toggle. This is also accessible through the Debug UI."
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks for the quick response, now that those problems are solved I can look into the benefits of the patch....:)
    Yes, this. ;)

I saw a few mentions of fuzzy/blurry graphics on TW - I think it means the resolution is not appropriate and needs to be changed. Don't be afraid to change this or that setting - you can always set it back.

Thanks, it was a resolution thing indeed, my display was not set at 144 hz 9even though it is a 144 hz monitor). Now it is, and everything is fine.
    Good to know! If you need anything else, just ask!
  • R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    Musst first say thanks to mostly fix the laggy behavor in the town in "the Lord of Terror" modul :wink:
    It is now good playable , still a little bit lag from time to time by walking around in the town

Will now test the new things :smiley:
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    edited December 2019
    Dordledum wrote: »
    what is "keyholing?" sounds dirty.

? I was thinking that too, my mind went straight for the gutter but before now the second floor of buildings and other tall objects would disappear so as not to obstruct the camera view but keyholing...lol keeps the object visable but allows you to peer through the object in a circle like looking through an old fashioned lock.

Keyholing ?.
    Post edited by Cerabelus on
  • R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    this is not a bad idea - but actual medicore implemented .. the gras is "keyhol'ed" .. this looks not as intend :)
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40
    The Beamdog Client doesn't have an option to revert back. However, all Beamdog customers who have NWN:EE have Steam keys for NWN:EE.

Bit off topic... Does this mean I get NWN:EE via the BD client AND a copy in my Steam library, all from my one purchase from the Beamdog website? I thought you only got to choose one or the other?

Thanks
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2019
    Does this mean I get NWN:EE via the BD client AND a copy in my Steam library, all from my one purchase from the Beamdog website?

Thanks
    Yes. Instructions
  • jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
    Does Ctrl+Shft+F12 work on the Mac version of the game? I can't get any menu to appear. All that happens is that the sound volume goes up !
    edited December 2019
    jimdad55 wrote: »
    Does Ctrl+Shft+F12 work on the Mac version of the game? I can't get any menu to appear. All that happens is that the sound volume goes up !

It should work. Try to hold the Fn key to toggle your top row of keys into function keys.
  • NeonGothicBloodNeonGothicBlood Member Posts: 13
    I just got nwn we on Android just before the 1.79 patch hit and once the PW that I was playing on, A Carpathian Nightmare updated to the patch, the PW went black and I can't play there any longer.
    How long until Android gets a patch to be able to play on pw's that have the 1.79 patch?
    I just got nwn we on Android just before the 1.79 patch hit and once the PW that I was playing on, A Carpathian Nightmare updated to the patch, the PW went black and I can't play there any longer.
    How long until Android gets a patch to be able to play on pw's that have the 1.79 patch?

We're aware of the Android situation but don't have an answer at this time.
  • jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
    Yeah, thanks, Julius. That works on the Mac. I'll not pretend I understand everything ( anything ) that's written there but at least I can see it :smile: