Skip to content

Is there an 'evil pays' kind of mod?

I find that BG makes it impossible to roleplay a neutrl evil or lawful evil character. Not only 90% of quests are about rescuing stray kttens in the fist place, but those few which allow multiple resolutions grant better rewards to 'selfless' characters. Is there a mod which tries o address it? Even good characters would beneit roleplaywise by making the sacrifice/offer meaningful.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im kind of doubting it for bg1, although in a sense, power gaming could be considered evil ( aka finish quest and kill off quest giver if you don't lose REP, or just murder any random in general that doesn't make you lose REP )

despite the fact that you can kill some NPCs and not lose REP doesnt mean it's not an evil act

plus the best joinable team mates are all evil, so ironically it can pay to be evil if you want a "stronger team"

also with that being said, just because there may not be dialog options for it, doesnt mean you can't act it, so you can still RP that you are evil you just have to do it a bit more creatively

in SoA they actually implemented some "evil" variants to quests, although unfortunately if you follow them you usually get less XP/reward for it, for the very nature of the saying; crime doesn't pay, or evil doesn't pay in this case
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    This is not what you meant but I spent quite a while to include useful evil-ish options in most of the quests of my bgqe mod. I'd be happy if they'd get the attention they deserve as I won't ever play them myself. [/self promotion]
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Atweaks gives better rewards for some evil quest options.