Skip to content

Latest update (.8193.3?) deleted hak files

The update via the BD client last night deleted most of the HAKs from the game install data\hak folder. Including all the premium module haks.

I restored them from a backup but it crashed the game when I loaded a save game.

Do I have to re-download everything - is that via the verify game files option?

I did originally purchase the deluxe version of the game through the BD site if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Please don't use the install folder for custom content. Try moving all the hak files to Documents/Neverwinter Nights/hak

About Deluxe version - see http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/12/beamdogcom-neverwinter-nights-enhanced.html
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2019
    Hi Julius, I don't use data\hk for custom content, these were the haks for the premium modules. Which now that I've had more time to look at it I gather aren't used anymore.

I'll pass this on in case it helps anyone else who originally purchased the Deluxe version from BD....

After lots of stuffing around I found that the BD client had downloaded the updated DLC content to a bunch of other numbered folders at the root of my Beamdog game installs folder. I ended up with about 10 numbered folders, each with a handful of files - nwm files, potraits, the soundtracks etc. The client doesn't update these files in the 00785 folder which was the problem as this is where you run the game from.

Anyway, I consolidated and copied all the new data from these other folders into 00785 and everything started working again, I can load up the premium modules etc. All good except my savegame for Kingmaker no longer loads as it still want the now gone kingmaker hak file.

I'll try to remember all this for next time there's a patch.

:)