Skip to content

Screen edge camera turning?

I can't seem to enable "screen edge camera turning" anymore (in 1.79). I keep clicking the little box but it never seems to work.
Am I missing something obvious? I find the game difficult to play without this enabled.
(I use a mac.)
Thanks.

Comments

• jpsweeney94jpsweeney94 Member Posts: 93
    Same problem on the Mac. It seems to be fixed/working in PC version. But my Mac GOG version does not have screen turning.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    @JuliusBorisov : I tried that and it doesn't do anything. When I open the Config display the option is already 'checked'. I've unchecked and rechecked it a few times to no avail.
    edited December 2019
    Same here, screen edge turning is checked by default. I wonder if it has something with the way Mac handles full screen apps? It starts windowed and i select the green full screen menu bar icon to fullscreen it.

I'm also running MacOS Mojave if that may affect it? (holding out on Catalina until a few more apps go to 64bit)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please report at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that it could get tracked.
    jpsweeney94
    OK, report submitted...
    I'm also running MacOS Mojave if that may affect it? (holding out on Catalina until a few more apps go to 64bit)

It doesn't work on El Capitan either.
    jpsweeney94
    We haven't been able to repro this. Clicking the checkbox in the normal options UI properly toggles and saves the value.
    It's working for me now -- I thought that I had enabled full screen but in order to do so properly I had to press 'command + enter'.
    jpsweeney94JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2019
    Ah, thanks @Thrasymachus. I didn't know the alt+enter equivalent for Mac. So cmd+enter fixes it, but using the "green" fullscreen MacOS button on the window to go fullscreen does not allow screen edge turning.

Still a bug, IMO. Should be able to full screen using apple's MacOS standard.
    JuliusBorisovThrasymachus