Skip to content

NWN EE android: lot of servers grayed and (so) unplayable

Hi everyone,
It is about ten days that i am not able to log in and play in my favourite online servers with my android tablet, because i find them grayed. I know they are still very active since i see a lot of players playing inside them, and i see other servers with players inside grayed as well, so i guess there must be any technical reason for it. I have read of a new patch released, pheraps there will be one for android in quite a short time that will solve the problem? Or there may be any setting to change to make servers playable again?
I have already tried to reinstall the game but without any result

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We're aware the Android version requires an update for Android players to play on persistent worlds. It'll take time.
  • DuckOfNormandyDuckOfNormandy Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the quick answer, now that i know the problem is really that, i will wait...
    JuliusBorisov
  • MilkManMuncMilkManMunc Member Posts: 2
    We're aware the Android version requires an update for Android players to play on persistent worlds. It'll take time.
    What kind of time frame we looking at here?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No ETA. At the moment, our mobile efforts are on getting the iOS version of NWN:EE released.
  • MilkManMuncMilkManMunc Member Posts: 2
    No ETA. At the moment, our mobile efforts are on getting the iOS version of NWN:EE released.
    When the iOS version is released is it going to have support for all servers from launch?
    When the iOS version is released is it going to have support for all servers from launch?

Still TBD.
  • ZekzaerZekzaer Member Posts: 7

I get why they say what they say... there has to be a lot of flak for not having an iOS version yet, but you'd think that they would ensure that their current platforms all worked as intended before starting on another... it just makes more sense to me, especially seeing as its another mobile platform. Ehh, im just an ubernoob, i dont know what im talking about.
  • BluddyBluddy Member Posts: 20
    The problem is that they're already spread thin across a huge number of platforms, with little ability to maintain those platforms properly. That's probably because no one platform brings in enough cash. I believe that iOS will bring in the most money (since iOS owners generally buy more), but every platform is suffering on its own without sufficient maintenance as they try to publish on the next one. So they get initial sales, and then bad reviews, leading to fewer late sales. There's no reason to think this will change once the iOS version is out, or that Android will get sufficient support at that point.