Skip to content

Sequencers - monster's not saving twice?

MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
Hello!

I've noticed that enemies does not save twice vs spells placed in sequencers as shown below. Does anyone know why this is so? Thanks in advance!

bej8du9kxnu4.png

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    They only save once if there are identical spells in the sequencer. If you'd used, say, blind and charm person that would have required separate saves. The restriction on saving only applies to the initial save - so a triple web sequencer for instead would only require a single save when first cast, but would then need 3 saves on subsequent occasions.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Grond0 wrote: »
    They only save once if there are identical spells in the sequencer. If you'd used, say, blind and charm person that would have required separate saves. The restriction on saving only applies to the initial save - so a triple web sequencer for instead would only require a single save when first cast, but would then need 3 saves on subsequent occasions.

im not sure that is 100% what is happening, i've tested it myself and got this;
    efbflajv1kai.jpg
    ppp7lqv6uou2.jpg

so by the looks of it, they do make seperate saves, i think the reason why you only see "the one" save is because they failed the first or second time? i tried using it on illaser but i would only ever get the one save, which would make me think that she passes at least once, which is weird since she is immune so why does she even need to make it in the first place?

so then i further investigated and i see that at least with spell sequencer it hits 3 times;
    xejq70vlh7ri.jpg

although i did notice that sometimes it looked like it only hit twice, so perhaps its in the scripting of the spell itself?

but still if i had to guess if you only see one save its because they failed

okay, did even more testing with spell trigger and got even more bizarre results;
    so if she passed the first time then it only went through once
    grhk6rqrpdqz.jpg

but once she failed, it went through all 3 times
    d9v4k9epk6mv.jpg

so with that, i have nothing, i have no clue why sometimes all the spells go through, or only one goes through, sometimes even if they pass they will go through, sometimes if they pass they don't, so i dont know

• MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Okey, so how do you guys explain this then:

79h67yzjmn2y.png

ppmddddsg2gs.png

It's the same spell in a minor sequencer. But in one example, the monster get hit by the spell twice, in the other only once.

This is very inconsistent, and I urge the developer to mind these facts. It's clearly some sort of bug.
    I've also tried out different spells in various sequencers and this actually seem to work, e.g. a blindness and a ray of enfeeblement struck the monster both times or greater malison, confusion and emotion hoplessness etc.

The only thing that seem to be somewhat consistent is using the same damaging spells without any saves (!!!!), e.g. magic missile or melf's acid arrow. Web and such spells also seem to be working.

Cheers!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i think its based of what kjeron said that its based off of spell speed, if two spells hit at the exact same time there will only be one save, but if they hit slightly off from the exact time you will get two saves, its hard to make the same spell hit off of the exact time but much easier if there are two different spells?

i also think the engine itself is to blame, because contingencies have the same problem, even though you can have contingencies set to "on hit" if you attack said creature fast enough sometimes it won't go off
    Sarevok57

That doesn't explain my screenshots, does it?