Skip to content

BGEE (Steam) Multiplayer not working - Please help!

Hopefully someone will help me out. Trying to start my first ever DnD adventure in multiplayer but I can't get it working. I can see my friends session. I join, he provides me a slot for my character but I can't hit 'ready'. Game crashes to desktop or sessions drop from multiplayer back to lobby. Both on Win10, same version of game.

He has tried hosting, I have tried hosting. We were able to spam within the chat window, but unable to launch the actual game.

Any ideas or does Multiplayer not work?

Thanks

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Try to roll back (use the Beta channel: right-click the game in the library, Beta, pick the 1.3 beta) the version and connect under the old version.
  • AnarkiAnarki Member Posts: 4
    Thanks but this didnt work either. It can find no players in Multiplayer with this setting.

Any further ideas?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Both players should have the same setup. If you don't see your friend's game then one of you didn't roll back. Something tells me that your setup is different (maybe one player has SoD, another doesn't have it, maybe one player has mods installed, etc), and it's leading to those crashes and drops from the lobby.
  • AnarkiAnarki Member Posts: 4
    Ill try the Hamachi method later, and let you know if it works. 4 days now of troubleshooting the normal way, lets hope a 3rd party app wins the day.