Skip to content

Is there a way to make custom .BAMs?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Using NI is there a way to create custom .BAMs for BGEE?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you can use NI to change the color of current ones and then save/import those ones

or, you can make custom .BAMs outside of NI and import them in i believe
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    you can use NI to change the color of current ones and then save/import those ones

or, you can make custom .BAMs outside of NI and import them in i believe

.BAMs seem to be something original to the infinity engine. Is there some type of toolset designed to create .bams out of NI?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i recall wanting to make my own .bams and i had to download 3rd party software to do it, and when i did, that software fried my system32 folder for some reason and i had to do a complete system recovery to get those files back so be careful on what you download

as far as NI goes, i dont think there is any toolset in NI that can make it so you can fully make new custom bams, the only thing that NI allows you to do it just change colors of existing ones, and then you can save them under different names
    Noloir
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited February 2020
    NI does allow you to create new BAM files, v1 or v2, by importing BMP, GIF, JPG, and PNG images, as well as existing BAM files, to create new ones. You just have to create the original image files elsewhere.
    Tools -> Convert -> BAM Converter

It also has a few options for modifying an entire BAM file: brightness/contrast/gamma, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, swap colors, invert colors, resize, rotate, mirror, trim, center, split output.
    Noloir
    edited February 2020
    kjeron wrote: »
    NI does allow you to create new BAM files, v1 or v2, by importing BMP, GIF, JPG, and PNG images, as well as existing BAM files, to create new ones. You just have to create the original image files elsewhere.
    Tools -> Convert -> BAM Converter

It also has a few options for modifying an entire BAM file: brightness/contrast/gamma, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, swap colors, invert colors, resize, rotate, mirror, trim, center, split output.

JPG?! So could one screenshot an image of something like https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Staff_of_frost ; scale the image using a photoshop like application, convert to JPG, BMP, etc and have it converted using the NI .BAM creator?
    edited February 2020
    Yes, though I generally stick to PNG format to save the transparency information when importing.
    Noloir
    Yes, though I generally stick to PNG format to save the transparency information when importing.

When trying to convert images ibto .bams for some reason it rejects the images stating only .ini files are supported. How did you get your PNGs processed

Thanks again. I really appreciate it. Instead of clicking "Add File" fudy duddy me clicked BAM Session in the lower left instead. Little wonder why it wasn't working.