Skip to content

Mods in Bluestacks?

CityracetCityracet Member Posts: 8
I am new to Baldur's Gate and I am looking to mod the game in Bluestacks. For those of you who don't know, Bluestacks is an Android emulator for PC. I've seen some stuff for modding on Android, but I haven't seen anything that looks updated. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Cityracet and welcome to the forum.

I had tried running BG1EE on an emulator (MEmu) with an ealier version of the game (I think it was 1.3) but there were problems with the video drivers. If you have BG running on Bluestacks, then I would see no problems in being able to add the mods to it. It would be the exactly same procedure as if it was on an Android device.

As for the creation of the modfiles, the discussions are still up to date as most are waiting for the 2.6 patch to see if there is any change needed. So anything related to the 2.5.x released (not the beta) games are still good to read and follow. If you need a hand then I can assist where I can. I have been fairly busy with RL, so I might not answer straight away but I will get there.

Gus
  • CityracetCityracet Member Posts: 8
    Can you point me to a post with updated info?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Cityracet, have a look in this thread for the info on modding for Android.

This post will give you some detail about setting up your HD space to installs mods to create the modfile but ignore anything about rebuilding the .obb file becuase of crashes (it was created around the beta versions and is a last resort thing for BG2 2.5.16.6). That is no longer required. This post explains some of the changes to the procedure and a little further down on the page is some explanation about override folders.

I would start with something simple first (mods that don't copy info into other folders like music/scripts etc) up to get the procedure right. Make sure that it has some text changes in the dialog and something early in the game so you can test it to make sure that you don't see INVALID text. Something like a new class which can be seen in character creation; or use BG1NPC Project and when you enter the wild, allow Imoen to join and speak to her. You should see some dialog. If you only see INVALIDs, then there is a problem (mostly the step using Centralfix for the language file, or a copy/unpack on your device's folder)...

If you need some assistance, I will be glad to help out and explain in further detail if required.
    Hope that helps
    Gus
  • CityracetCityracet Member Posts: 8
    This is way more complicated than I anticipated. I think I'm going to wait for patch 2.6 and we get a new guide for that. Perhaps I'll be able to understand it easier when that happens. Thanks for the help though.