Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Aerie plays Baldur's Gate II {Playthrough}

So this is my play-through of the game we all know and love. With a twist as there will be no char-name, instead Aerie (yes the NPC) will be char-name.


I will be the main character however our story starts with a cowardly and weak man named, ''Jo(k)e''.
yho96s0kaau5.jpg
After somehow escaping Irenicus's dungeon and stumbling into the circus tent, I killed ''Jo(k)e'' and assmued his position as the main character. Turns out that I in fact, am part Bhaalspawn. Shortly after I exited that dirty old circus tent, and began my adventures.


In addition to me being a child of Bhaal it also turns out, that I've become a little bit paranoid as I have been talking to myself quite a lot recently. Perhaps a side affect of being charname.
Charname who is usually a different person would normally talk to NPC's like myself, however when Aerie is charname that means Aerie would talk to Aerie if that makes sense. The game recognises me as charname basically.

gdc8v1c2a2lz.jpg


After one or two mundane tasks I finally did something notable...

Snitching on that old witch Mrs. Cragmoon
72p1ikhltbvo.jpg


A bonus screenshot and I'm playing this on core rules.
xxfwss2j1e3s.jpg


More soon to follow...


JuliusBorisovBalrog99gorgonzolaSon_of_ImoenRasaadRao
«13

Comments

  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 5,987
    You could play her in BG1 also. Maybe meet up with Quayle right after Gorion's death as a substitute mentor of sorts...

    JuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,576
    edited February 27
    are you going to solo the game or use other npcs?
    now i see you alone, but i think that with jan can be a great synergy, is in the game canon that you like gnomes and CM and MT are basically a full party, functionally wise, with only 2 toons.
    Not that on core rules a CM has any problem to solo the game, as she can detect traps, avoid them with mirror images or SI, bash containers with high str or open them with a spell and scout with the sanctuary, so metagame is not even needed.
    While to solo many other classes you have to use a metagame knowledge a player has but charname is not supposed to have to not be killed by the traps.
    but MC and MT gives a lot more tactical options and imo make the game more fun to play.

    Aerie
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,576
    a question: how technically you had turned aerie in a charname?
    i would probably would have used EEkeeper to change jo(k)e's name, class and stats to match the aerie's ones, copying/pasting from the npc aerie.
    but i am not sure that this is the way you used and there is maybe a better way to do it.
    it seems to me a very interesting concept and maybe in the future i want to try a npc solo or a npc only party.

  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    a question: how technically you had turned aerie in a charname?
    i would probably would have used EEkeeper to change jo(k)e's name, class and stats to match the aerie's ones, copying/pasting from the npc aerie.
    but i am not sure that this is the way you used and there is maybe a better way to do it.
    it seems to me a very interesting concept and maybe in the future i want to try a npc solo or a npc only party.

    See Julius's comment below for more information on it. But I basically kicked charname out of the party and then got Aerie to join the party, which kind of ''tricks'' the game into reconsigning Aerie as charname.

    The link provided explains how to do it, it's quite fun to play NPC :smiley: .
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    You could play her in BG1 also. Maybe meet up with Quayle right after Gorion's death as a substitute mentor of sorts...

    That's an interesting idea, but I personally prefer BG II :blush: .

    Great find, Julius! That's exactly how I did it lol.

    JuliusBorisovgorgonzola
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    are you going to solo the game or use other npcs?

    I will be playing with other NPC's. Light spoiler:
    one of them is Neera


    Stay tuned, more is soon to come...

    JuliusBorisovgorgonzola
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 496
    I see from the screenshot that some of the dialog is going to be interesting - Aerie talking to herself and all. What about the other quest stuff? Does it still fire as expected? Also, did you summon Aerie in ID, or did you actually have your Joke character do her circus tent quest first?

    AerieJuliusBorisov
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    Maurvir wrote: »
    I see from the screenshot that some of the dialog is going to be interesting - Aerie talking to herself and all. What about the other quest stuff? Does it still fire as expected? Also, did you summon Aerie in ID, or did you actually have your Joke character do her circus tent quest first?

    All the other quest stuff works the same as expected, it's like nothing is different. I actually just before giving Aerie her sword (when she is in ogre form) kicked charname (Joke) out of the party, then gave Aerie me the sword and got her to join the party. Then killed Joke and did the rest of the quest as Aerie.

    JuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,576
    i still don't see the need to kill jo(k)e, poor guy, he was coward and weak, but not all the people are supposed to be heroes and is not a fault to don't be so.
    you could have left him in that area, that disappears from the game after the boss is defeated and rp that he realizes that he was not born to be an adventurer.

    this, and the fact that in an other thread you design as eligible romances very evil npcs like the vampire and the demon worshiper, but not some good oriented ones, make me wonder if you alignment is really LG as stated in your stats.

    your decision to participate at those forums, afaik you are the only npc doing it, give to me a more in depth understanding of who you are, even if not a canon one. but to really interact with a npc, beyond the few dialogues possible in the game, and by the way with the npc that probably i play and appreciate the most, is something that will make my rp much enjoyable for the next play through.
    but those shifts to the "dark side of the force" are surely disconcerting for me...

    Son_of_ImoenJuliusBorisov
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    edited February 28
    Part 2!

    Carrying on from where I left off, I started to recruit my ideal party. The first of which was Neera
    o06qwwyedf2d.jpg

    Then we traveled to the dock district to investigate, Mae'Var. Obviously I did what any mage with 16 intelligence would do...


    I walked inside the shadow thief building and immediately attacked Mae'Var on sight. As you can see in the below image this is how I fight, turning invisible and locking Mae'Var inside a cage/pen.


    vun86qhbf4qf.jpg


    Afterwards that Renal Bloodscalp fellow was not at all happy with what had happened. I thought I had done a good job (yes I did fail that quest on purpose).

    0uj7dwu6abag.jpg



    Follow up image below, afterwards I recruited my second party member: Dorn. In which we crashed a weeding and caused a great disturbance.
    j16krodo9p2z.jpg


    5tqb73akjaoo.jpg

    To be continued...

    JuliusBorisovRaoBlackbɨrd
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,576
    gulp, dorn? you are definitely a very strange LG kind of person... :D

    JuliusBorisov
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,768
    edited February 28
    Aerie wrote: »
    After somehow escaping Irenicus's dungeon and stumbling into the circus tent, I killed ''Jo(k)e'' and assmued his position as the main character. Turns out that I in fact, am part Bhaalspawn. Shortly after I exited that dirty old circus tent, and began my adventures.

    Killing Joke takes on a whole new meaning.

    JuliusBorisovgorgonzolaAerie
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 5,987
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    gulp, dorn? you are definitely a very strange LG kind of person... :D

    BHAAL:

    "Aerie, I am your FATHER. Embrace the power the dark side!!!"

    gorgonzolaAerieBlackbɨrd
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    gulp, dorn? you are definitely a very strange LG kind of person... :D

    LG? I'm thinking more Chaotic Neutral. Maybe even chaotic evil. I've always been a villain at heart.
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    gulp, dorn? you are definitely a very strange LG kind of person... :D

    BHAAL:

    "Aerie, I am your FATHER. Embrace the power the dark side!!!"

    THIS. This is so correct. I have fully embraced the darkness within myself and everything that the side of evil has to offer. Being lawful good is just so... dull and restrictive.

    Blackbɨrd
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    Part 3: My own unmasking.

    After successfully crashing the wedding taking place in the Temple of the Radiant Heart myself and my new friends decided to celebrate a job well done. Perhaps we celebrated a little too much.
    219mq06w058u.jpg

    Whilst drunk we decided it was a good idea to run off into the night, with a stranger in search of some tomb.
    9h5ro9ciwiu6.jpg

    Eventually in our drunken states we managed to find our way to the tomb, located inside the graveyard district.
    hbxvnw9xb3iw.jpg

    After clearing out said tomb, and somehow managing to kill a powerful vampire we at last exited the tomb. And now we have a party. Side note: I love this image.
    effyoa8mvsrg.jpg

    RasaadJuliusBorisovRao
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    Part 3: My Unmasking continued.

    Just to be clear I'm into vampires now, so me and Hexxat are a thing.

    Is it a case of good girl gone bad or bad girl gone good?

    y2aemfyxi9hk.jpg
    f29booqjfigk.jpg
    Ignore Hexxat's xp level, for demonstration purposes I had to level her up for Use any item ability so I could put the helm of opposite alignment on her.

    JuliusBorisov
  • RasaadRasaad Member Posts: 7
    This literally makes no sense, why would you romance an evil vampire?

    gorgonzolaZaxares
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,576
    probably because the more @Aerie posts on the forums the more it becomes clear that in that particular incarnation she is not like the npc that we are used to play with.

    she is quite evil oriented, in the choices and comments she make, here and in other threads, bejond that fact that she has cheated in the game some helms of opposite alignment.

    anyway as she has done it there are some advantages in the romance with a vampire, not only now the vampire is neutral good, so less dangerous, but she can turn her lover at will, in the powerful evil cleric way, gaining complete control on her.
    (i know that in the game hexxatt is completely immune to turn undead and that there is no purpose in turning who is in the party as they are already green circled, friendly, but i wanted to point out the RP implications of an evil cleric romancing an undead and potentially making him his slave in the love affairs, whether is prevailing in a discussion or other things that i will better not specify as this forum is not an adult only one...).

  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 611
    Incidentally, Dorn is not immune to turning, despite his fear immunity. I've had a good Aerie make Dorn run around pseudo-panicked before, when she had enough of a level advantage. Turning her evil is actually quite practical with this party composition ... not that any of this playthrough is being done with an eye to practicality.

    And really, Rasaad, you should go talk to the Twofold folks some more. The dark side is very comfortable, and it doesn't burn like the sun.

    Balrog99Aerie
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    edited March 2
    Rasaad wrote: »
    This literally makes no sense, why would you romance an evil vampire?

    https://youtu.be/liZm1im2erU?t=21

    @Rasaad

    Blackbɨrd
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    A continuation:

    I recruited that fool Valygar, used him to unlock the oh so important planar sphere and then killed him before handing in his body. Very sneaky.

    Our adventure then resumed with the party completing quests. A LOT of quests.

    The first of which was the slavers building which we cleared out, followed by the Sir Sarles quest, the murders in the bridge district, some Umar Hills quests, and a few other mundane quests.
    v8knmywuatpu.jpg

    Nothing too juicy, sadly. The juiciness is soon to come.

    Speaking of those previous quests...
    9spa9l7r0weo.jpg


    It appears things didn't work out for the best as, after carefully laying out traps and casting an innocent spell to lure the Cowled Wizards I and my party lost all control of ourselves and nearly killed each other!
    ypy113mraw7f.jpg

    Also Hexxat's been acting a little weird lately...

    uz9mkz1glsmm.jpg
    Just look at that sniff! I suspect she's trying to eat me
    0uyii6lwan2o.png

    Next time tune in for the De'arnise Hold. I'm gonna bad mouth Nalia's Aunt.

    JuliusBorisovRaoBlackbɨrd
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 5,987
    I've been having nightmares about Aerie murdering me in my sleep and eating my heart after reading this thread...

    gorgonzolaAerie
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    I've been having nightmares about Aerie murdering me in my sleep and eating my heart after reading this thread...

    Yes, yes you should be afraid.

    But no I don't murder people in there sleep, that's not painful or terrifying enough a death.

    Balrog99
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    For the trip to the De'arnise Hold or Keep, I (obviously) declined Nalia the chance of joining my party.


    Enter the keep. In the first level of the keep apart from the odd troll things are uneventful, almost too uneventful. As we neared the banquet hall a pack of trolls charged towards us, things were starting to get ugly.
    2jpfy74lq8a9.jpg

    After managing to fight them off we rested before clearing out the next level of the keep & freed Nalia's brat of an Aunt. I also forgot to mention that we killed the four dogs, something I myself took great pleasure in. Mmm dog soup, one of my most loved dishes.


    The final level of the keep begins.
    m1zyu5ydjdk3.jpg


    It was then time to fight Torgal, after careful placing traps and luring Torgal and his trolls into the trapped room a frantic and vicious battle took place. Our traps and magic spamming was too much for the trolls at the end of the day, though Dorn did die.

    Such is life.
    aut152e4d194.jpg

    Dorn was resurrected then we exited the keep, Hexxat then had a little *chat* with me.
    aem281auyn3w.jpg

    Before I left the De'arnise Hold area (in ruins might I add), I put an end to that little goody two shoes Nalia.
    Why? Because she wouldn't let me rule the keep for some strange reason. I would of made the perfect ruler, oh well.
    x5sz5pq642dc.jpg

    RasaadJuliusBorisovRao
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,576
    Aerie wrote: »
    after careful placing traps and luring Torgal and his trolls into the trapped room ................ Our traps and magic spamming was too much for the trolls
    traps with a shadowdancer as thief?

  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 611
    Hexxat is an unkitted thief. A shadowdancer would fit the vampire flavor well, but she isn't one.

    gorgonzolaAerieJuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,576
    really? i was convinced that she is shadowdancer, but as i can not see in my parties the place for a vampire (i hate them too much as they was my nightmare in my first runs when i still did not know how to deal with them and in every run i take particular care in killing every vampire i meet :D ) so i did not really know her kit, i never actually opened her stats screen.
    as soon as she kills clara charname kicks her form the party and try to kill her, then as it is impossible he reloads, kick her and summon her in the pocket plane only to have her destroyed with the plane at the end of ToB.
    i apologize.

  • RasaadRasaad Member Posts: 7
    Aerie wrote: »
    Rasaad wrote: »
    This literally makes no sense, why would you romance an evil vampire?

    https://youtu.be/liZm1im2erU?t=21

    @Rasaad
    You like "bad b*tches" that's your fricking problem?

    Disgusting. I am appalled.

    JuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,576
    Aerie wrote: »
    ...........................................
    Rasaad wrote: »
    ..........................................

    we live strange days.
    many many years ago the devas had to live in the first material plane as mortals for a decision of ao.
    it was called the time of troubles.

    now we have the crpg npcs living as mortals in the first material plane and posting in the forums.
    i wonder which troubles we will have to face this time, there were already so many reasons for me to worry, the nations spending so much for weapons and in researching on new weapon technologies that can be as game changing as the invention of the atomic bomb was, the climate change, and many other reasons to worry about our future.

    but seeing the crpg npcs coming into life in the material plane and interacting here with each other is what frighten me the most.
    big troubles are coming, be prepared!



    Son_of_ImoenJuliusBorisov
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 112
    Rasaad wrote: »
    Aerie wrote: »
    Rasaad wrote: »
    This literally makes no sense, why would you romance an evil vampire?

    https://youtu.be/liZm1im2erU?t=21

    @Rasaad
    You like "bad b*tches" that's your fricking problem?

    Disgusting. I am appalled.

    Yes, yes I do.

    Now get lost you big creep.
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    really? i was convinced that she is shadowdancer, but as i can not see in my parties the place for a vampire (i hate them too much as they was my nightmare in my first runs when i still did not know how to deal with them and in every run i take particular care in killing every vampire i meet :D ) so i did not really know her kit, i never actually opened her stats screen.
    as soon as she kills clara charname kicks her form the party and try to kill her, then as it is impossible he reloads, kick her and summon her in the pocket plane only to have her destroyed with the plane at the end of ToB.
    i apologize.

    You should really use Hexxat more. You're missing out :p>:)
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    Aerie wrote: »
    ...........................................
    Rasaad wrote: »
    ..........................................

    we live strange days.
    many many years ago the devas had to live in the first material plane as mortals for a decision of ao.
    it was called the time of troubles.

    now we have the crpg npcs living as mortals in the first material plane and posting in the forums.
    i wonder which troubles we will have to face this time, there were already so many reasons for me to worry, the nations spending so much for weapons and in researching on new weapon technologies that can be as game changing as the invention of the atomic bomb was, the climate change, and many other reasons to worry about our future.

    but seeing the crpg npcs coming into life in the material plane and interacting here with each other is what frighten me the most.
    big troubles are coming, be prepared!



    There are many of us NPC's on here. Some are just inactive.

    @Korgan @elminster and @Bodhi for example, are all on here alongside me.

    JuliusBorisov
Sign In or Register to comment.