Skip to content

[BG2:EE] Game Interfering With Voice Chat

KorahanKorahan Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in Troubleshooting
Good Day,

this may seem like an odd question since neither Infinity nor Infinity EE have a built-in voice chat but, since we tested anything else, the issue most probably has something to do with the game.

A friend and me are trying to play BG2:EE RP via voice chat, but after a short period of time the chat gets disrupted and we only hear a really weird and loud noise from each other.

- The problem only occurred in BG2 - no other game is breaking our communication, not even BG1:EE.
- All drivers are up to date.
- We tried Steam VC, Discord, Skype and Teamspeak - every app has the same noise.

We are using a Soundblaster Z and a standard Realtek onboard soundcard (ALC892 codec).
No other programs are running, also no antiviruses, besides Baldurs Gate 2 EE and Steam.
Both systems are as clean as an elven arse - virus and registry-wise.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Korahan

EDIT: Oh, dear, it never occurred to me, that the problem could be just the game sound, not the voice chat since I played the game solo a hundred times. But I better check first if it is not just an in-game sound issue.
EDIT 2: Nope, it's a voice chat phenomenon.

Post edited by Korahan on

Comments

• KorahanKorahan Member Posts: 2
    I see, so we are the only ones with this problem, I guess :neutral:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Well, the thing is that these games are not designed to work with Voice chat, so it's a bit difficult to answer.