Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 1 hq AI upscaled portrait pack.

6au2ws9f4v2g.jpg

So recently the machine learning websites and tools became very popular and are used for a different purposes. One of them is upscaling an image by using AI algorithms. So I used one of those websites to make a high quality portrait pack of all 32 portaits, included in the original BG1 + additional 4 of the EE companions. I think the results are impressive. I included an comparisional image. Let me know if you enjoy these.

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    That is VERY impressive. :D Thanks for sharing!
  • Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    Neat. Do you have a link to the site you used? I have some small 2e Maps/Art I want to upscale for tabletop.
  • Barney_Stinson87Barney_Stinson87 Member Posts: 3
    Neat. Do you have a link to the site you used? I have some small 2e Maps/Art I want to upscale for tabletop.

https://imglarger.com/

You need to create an account which allow to upscale 20 images for free up to 1200X1200 px. An image can be enlarged up to 4x. You can have multiple accounts, no problem with that.
  • Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    That's awesome. Thanks! :)
  • Barney_Stinson87Barney_Stinson87 Member Posts: 3
    Sometimes the website doesn't work properly due to overloaded server.
  • CoachRDWCoachRDW Member Posts: 3
    This indeed does look awesome. I'm a sucker for stuff like this, every time. But I have a question. Sorry if this is something that's asked a lot - I tried searching for it myself then looking around on the 'net, no joy ...

Where would one add these portraits?

I know there's a Baldur's Gate folder in My Documents, and one in the Steam install folder, but I could find nothing there that looked even close to right.

Thanks much in advance. Cheers! :smile:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    CoachRDW wrote: »
    This indeed does look awesome. I'm a sucker for stuff like this, every time. But I have a question. Sorry if this is something that's asked a lot - I tried searching for it myself then looking around on the 'net, no joy ...

I know there's a Baldur's Gate folder in My Documents, and one in the Steam install folder, but I could find nothing there that looked even close to right.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77446/how-to-use-custom-portraits-bg1-bg-ee-bg2-bg2-ee-iwd-iwd-ee-iwd2/p1
  • CoachRDWCoachRDW Member Posts: 3
    CoachRDW wrote: »

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77446/how-to-use-custom-portraits-bg1-bg-ee-bg2-bg2-ee-iwd-iwd-ee-iwd2/p1

Thank you very much. I knew about the profiles folder but for some reason I was thinking these new portraits (of existing NPCs) needed to replace the old ones ... it makes sense now. Thanks, again!
  • woogirlwoogirl Member Posts: 14
    Thank you so much for sharing, my eyes were bleeding. I will use the website to get some nice portraits for charname aswell.