Skip to content

Lower terrain no longer working on Mac? (Solved)

jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
edited April 2020 in Builders - Toolset
I use a Mac through WINE for the toolset and it works great ( until I mistakenly hit the upgrade button for Catalina then its goodnight Vienna!)

A feature I never use is lower terrain which is meant to be a right click while having lower/raise terrain selected. I seem to remember using it while doing the Fern tutorial just over a year ago which is when I started using the toolset. however, today for no real reason I tried to lower a piece of terrain and it didn't work with Right click . I tried then with Function, ctrl, command and shift keys as modifiers and nothing works. Has this been changed in a recent update or am I being silly and missing something. I'd be grateful if anyone using the toolset on a Mac with WINE would check and let me know if theirs still works. Thanks.
Post edited by jimdad55 on

Comments

• AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    Just to eliminate the obvious... Did you try this on terrain that had already been raised? It won't work otherwise.
  • jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
    Thanks, Ancarion. Yes, I did make sure it was raised - but it was worth asking. Btw, love your Witcher lighted windows mod :smile: The right click seems now to just choose a different version of the tile as you'd expect with nothing selected.
  • jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
    Weird. I've now solved the issue. It occurred to me that every time it happened it was with the rural tileset. I quit the toolset, created a new module with different tileset and, bingo, right click lowered terrain. Added a new area of the rural tileset and it was also fine there.