Skip to content

Did I make a mistake with halberds ?

I put two points into Two-Handed Style and another two points into Halberds but later realized that none of the 2H weapons cover for blunt damage. Am I going to have serious trouble along this path ?

I am impressed by the sheer damage of 2H weapons. Especially the early Chesley Crusher. I am not sure if the Chesley Crusher is not bugged, looks like I am hitting twice per round instead of once on my Berserker. Can someone confirm if they hit twice too ?

Probably should have picked 2H swords instead of the halberds. But still no blunt damage. Does the Quarterstaff count as 2H weapon ?

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I love halberds! <3
    Soido wrote: »
    Probably should have picked 2H swords instead of the halberds. But still no blunt damage. Does the Quarterstaff count as 2H weapon ?

Yes, it is a Two-Hands Weapon.
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    edited May 2020
    EDIT: The Chesley Crusher is not bugged, it is working properly. I tested with pause on end of round.

The illusion that it hits twice per round comes from observing the actions against multiple opponents surrounding you. What happens is that when you kill one opponent during a round, the character executes a second hit in that same round, but the second hit is against a different opponent. Whether this mechanic is a bug or not I don't know.

But 1-vs-1 fights, the Chesley Crusher indeed hits only once per round.

During my test my character killed 4 opponents with this halberd in a single round. This halberd makes so much damage that it one-shots the skeletons surrounding me and as a result all 4 were hit and killed in a single round. Don't know if this is a bugged mechanic but looks pretty awesome.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Soido wrote: »
    I put two points into Two-Handed Style and another two points into Halberds but later realized that none of the 2H weapons cover for blunt damage. Am I going to have serious trouble along this path ?
    Going through an early-game skeleton area, I can see why you might be concerned that you're going to need blunt damage throughout. However most BG/BG2 monsters don't have that vulnerability so you don't need to worry too much on that score.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    you're going to have a hard time with golems

but for bg1 you'll be fine.