Skip to content

5+ year spell sequencer bugs still exist

Characters still get their sequencers broken where they disappear from the special action button but remain in their spellbook contingency section. It is a problem that cannot be solved without a save game editor. Google searches make it clear this has been a known problem for years. Still no resolution?

Comments

• ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited May 2020
    Still no resolution, along with a host of other known bugs. Next patch if it ever comes out might fix this... probably will break some other things.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! The next patch is still in development. It will come with lots of spells-related fixes.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited May 2020
    I've only encountered this bug when I control-r Charname or one of his companions with a sequencer/contingency active on them. It heals the character but also removes the icons, allowing extra castings of said sequencers/contingencies. You can still use them even if the icons are erased however, allowing otherwise not-allowed multiple castings of either. It's annoying but more of an exploit than a bug. I haven't seen any other instance of that happening myself. Does it happen when one of your companions is mazed/imprisoned/killed? If so, it's weird that ive never noticed it before...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    if it happens in consequence of a cheat, of using the console, i would say that it is not necessarily a bug.
    even if the players can enable the console it is disabled by default and is intended as a developer tool, players are not supposed to be albe to instant kill enemies, instant heal for free party members, teleport to other places in the area or even in different areas, so if doing so a player has some unwanted consequence, like the sequencer icon removed, but also miss encounters functional to complete quests, it is because he uses at his own risk a tool intended for developer use, a bug is something that causes problems in the regular playing, ie if being mazed trigger it (but @Balrog99 seems to exclude that it is the case).
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    You definitely don't have to be cheating for this to happen; I've had it come up plenty of times in normal play.
    If the "which spells" half is forgotten, that's easy enough to clear up - just memorize a new sequencer, or fire off the empty one.
    If the "have an ability" half is forgotten, the only way I know to fix it is to use a save editor.