Skip to content

Is there a mod to remove class alignment restrictions and reputation penalties?

ForechosenForechosen Member Posts: 8
Hey guys,

Question is pretty much in the title. Basically, I recently made an evil ranger in real life D&D, and today I went to recreate the character in BG2 - only to find out they're restricted to a good alignment, and they lose their class abilities if they fall below 8 reputation. Well, that put a halt to my plan.

Is there any mod out there that removes these restrictions?

If not, would they be moderately easy to remove myself using the infinity engine, or even eekeeper?

Thanks very much for reading!

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I don't remember which mods do it, but if you're used to near infinity then you can explore the files in the "2da" folder, it's actually quite easy because most of tje files names are self explanatory (races, alignment etc).
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Forechosen, you also could have a look here and see if the Shadow Ranger kit suits.

Gus
  • ForechosenForechosen Member Posts: 8
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    I don't remember which mods do it, but if you're used to near infinity then you can explore the files in the "2da" folder, it's actually quite easy because most of tje files names are self explanatory (races, alignment etc).

Hmm, I could give it a browse - but to say I'm used to Near Infinity would be a colossal overstatement, I'm hardly even familiar with it. Still, I'll try and give it a look!
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @Forechosen, you also could have a look here and see if the Shadow Ranger kit suits.

Gus

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely check that kit out. Although I was planning on the 'Stalker' kit, I suppose I'm not too against a custom one if it's balanced.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited June 2020
    Nope, nevermind. Bad info.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    edited June 2020
    For Alignment:

Just remove the 0's on the Stalker line to 1 in the Alignmnt.2da file after you export the file to over-ride, if it isn't already there. I would do this after any mods are installed in case it is altered in some fashion since you are doing it manually.

For reputation I am less sure. I am going to assume fallen notice in the clastext.2da file needs to be set to -1. (Again, after any mods are installed since you are doing it manually.)

Best practice would be to make a custom kit so you don't alter the original class and just mimick its set up, but the above is easier if its for personal use and probably quicker.
  • ForechosenForechosen Member Posts: 8
    Skitia wrote: »
    For Alignment:

Just remove the 0's on the Stalker line to 1 in the Alignmnt.2da file after you export the file to over-ride, if it isn't already there. I would do this after any mods are installed in case it is altered in some fashion since you are doing it manually.

For reputation I am less sure. I am going to assume fallen notice in the clastext.2da file needs to be set to -1. (Again, after any mods are installed since you are doing it manually.)

Best practice would be to make a custom kit so you don't alter the original class and just mimick its set up, but the above is easier if its for personal use and probably quicker.

Thank you so much for your response! It's a little late for me to be looking into this tonight, but tomorrow I'll definitely give it try!

Honestly my Near Infininity experience is sketchy at best - I've only ever changed a class name, changed a couple of spells and recolored some items (and I'd probably have to refresh my memory on how to do all those things again.) I think making a custom kit would be way beyond me at the moment!

I'm actually pretty surprised nobody has made a mod removing alignment restrictions/reputation penalties before - I can't imagine I'm the only one who'd like to play as an evil ranger, or I don't know, a chaotic Paladin, or something.

Oh well, once again thank you for your help. I'll see how I go tomorrow, and might end up coming here asking a Near Infinity related question xD