Skip to content

Beamdog Steam Workshop asset "dangerous" ....

As i have writen in the "New Renderer" thread - i had a crash every time (to show in the video) if i come close to the house on the waterfall - with disabling a gfx function it goeas away ....
but only to see it again crashing - now on another position, more random - one time after 1 min, other 4 min ..

have now (hopefull finaly) found the "problem ....
After the crashes - i tryed another module - and then it crashes at char customization ....
After testing i found it not crashes on all races ... imho only Human ...
This give me an hint ... look at my additional installed overides/haks etc.. - found only one that match ...

The workshop asset : Enhanced Player Showcase [from Beamdog self !! ]

After removing this ... no crashes - ZERO
Not in char costumization
Not on the "random-crash" position ..
Even not on the House by the waterfall (from the Video) WITH the gfx function re-enabled
To simply say - it works (ATM :P ) good .... like it should work

The sad, or laughable part is .... the asset is from Beamdog self ...... ..... ......
have wastet time + many bug-reports ...

Hope this help others ;)
ShadooowdunahanJuliusBorisov

Comments

• rjtiger2000rjtiger2000 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    I get these crashes too and have that asset installed.

So is the only solution to disable the workshop asset or is there something else I'm missing?
  • R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    atm the only solution is to disable the asset - or you are good an nwn 3D char generation and looking on the model self and fix the bug ... (or wait if another /beamdog fix it ..)
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    Just a guess, without actually looking at files within, I don't dl from steam workshop, but these were early proofs of the changes to come, so I'm guessing they might not be compatible with newer releases.
    @JuliusBorisov , perhaps someone at BD should ensure that these are still compatible ?
    ZwerkulesTarotRedhand
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    If you are referring to the hd_player_model assets, I received that crash as well, but I downloaded mine from the NW Vault. The crash occurs instantly at/during character creation. I suspect there is some corruption at play and may not have anything to do with Steam.
  • R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    No one sayd the crash is steam related - the workshop asset is buggy - and it is the same as i dl an asset from anywear and doing it on override - the workshop is only (in theory) an more user friendly option to doing this ...
  • rjtiger2000rjtiger2000 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Old_Gith wrote: »
    If you are referring to the hd_player_model assets, I received that crash as well, but I downloaded mine from the NW Vault. The crash occurs instantly at/during character creation. I suspect there is some corruption at play and may not have anything to do with Steam.

Yes, it corresponds to the hd_player_model download in "Beamdog Enhanced Workshop Items" from the Vault.