Skip to content

Will my EE save files work in diamond edition?

lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
edited June 2020 in NWN:EE Modules
I played a mod through to completion several times in diamond, and now that I have made a lot of progress in it under EE I have found that it is a busted mod. I am unhappy with this obviously. And there was a bit of post-ending narration upon completing hordes of the underdark that I had to miss out on.

Comments

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    No.
    Tresset
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Yeah, saved games are not backwards compatible, so to speak.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,270
    edited June 2020
    There is a way. Take a backup for safety. Open the .sav with NWHak (ships with the game). Export the file module.ifo. Edit with a GFF editor from NeverwinterVault. Change the version from 1.80 to 1.69. Import to the .sav using NWHak and Save As x.sav. Rename to the regular save file name. This will now load in Diamond Edition.

This will work for any module created in Diamond Edition. It won't work for a module made in EE if it uses any of the new EE script functions - but that doesn't apply in this case.
    Isewein
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    edited June 2020
    Well thanks, you're a wizard. The good news is that my saves are now backwards compatible. The bad news is I can no longer use doors as area transitions. Except for hidden doors and other objects. Darn. I tried it on two separate saves. I think maybe I'll just start again in diamond edition this time. And all the times after that too. I can get back to where I was with a cheat character in 5 or 6 hours maybe, at which point I can take some levels off.
    Illustair