Skip to content

[IWD2] APR of bow and crossbow

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited June 2020 in Off-Topic
In Icewind Dale II, the "attacks per round" of bow and crossbow obviously are the same (1 per round). Does that mean crossbow is better than bow because of slightly higher damage?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Crossbows don't get extra attacks per round if you have base attack bonus +6 or greater; bows do.
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited June 2020
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Crossbows don't get extra attacks per round if you have base attack bonus +6 or greater; bows do.

Thanks. How do I check each character's base attack bonus? I couldn't find it.
    Post edited by Ian579 on
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Ian579 wrote: »

How do I check each character's base attack bonus? I couldn't find it.

On your character sheet there are some tags that lead you to information about attack bonuses, skills, feats etc.

But, to make it short, fighter/ranger/paladin/monk class gets an extra attack at level 6, at level 8 (if I recall) and mages/sorcerers at level 12.

Also, later in the game you'll find crossbows that give you extra attacks, so it wont make a difference.
    DJKajuru wrote: »

How do I check each character's base attack bonus? I couldn't find it.

On your character sheet there are some tags that lead you to information about attack bonuses, skills, feats etc.

But, to make it short, fighter/ranger/paladin/monk class gets an extra attack at level 6, at level 8 (if I recall) and mages/sorcerers at level 12.

Also, later in the game you'll find crossbows that give you extra attacks, so it wont make a difference.

Thanks. I guess I found it in the "Weapons and Armor" tab. It seems to be the "Base" listing under the "Main Hand" subsection (and also the "Off Hand" subsection for two-weapon wielders), which is under the "Attack Roll Modifiers" section.
    edited June 2020
    @DJKajuru Could you explain at which level rogues get an extra attack?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @DJKajuru Could you explain at which level rogues get an extra attack?

Sorry, in my first comment I wrote " fighter/ranger/paladin/monk class gets an extra attack at level 6, at level 8 " , what I meant was "fighter(...) at level 6 and rogues/bards/clerics/druids at level 8.

Here's more detailed info: you get an extra attack after reaching a base attack of +6 , that's why fighters/rangers/paladins/barbs get it first, at levels 6/11/16.

Rogues/Bards/Clerics/Druids at levels 8/15

Mages/Sorcerers at level 12.

If you've got a multiclass character then it can get delayed. A fighter 4/Rogue 2 doesn't have an extra attack yet because his base attack bonus is +5 (+4 from four fighter levels, +1 from two rogue levels).
    @DJKajuru Thank you for explaining. :)