Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

BG2EE bug upon completion of Mae'Var quest

I went through the entire Mae'Var quest and killed Mae'Var and am now supposed to report back to Renal.
For some reason I cannot interact with Renal though. I'm standing in his room and trying to initiate dialogue, but nothing happens. I don't really want to go back to a super old save before killing Mae'Var if I don't have to (I've done more stuff in the meantime)

Any advice on how to solve this bug?.
I have changed up my party since, could this be causing the problem? It shouldn't though, right?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 755
    First, the easy possibility: is your protagonist silenced? Mae'var's party does have a priest that can cast Silence 15', and that spell has a decent duration. Obviously, a silenced player can't start a conversation. If this is the case, just wait it out.

If that's not the case, and you're getting messages like "Renal Bloodscalp: has nothing to say to you" in your log, then we start checking on the state of the variables related to the quest.

caessarevok57
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,533
    I'm not sure but I think you have have to clear out Mae'Var's stronghold completely rather than just kill Mae'Var himself. So I always make sure I kill every one of his thieves - and given their propensity for popping potions of invisibility it's easy to miss one.

ThacoBell