Skip to content

BG1EE+Tweaks Anthology+Unfinished Business+NPC Project

alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
edited July 2020 in General Modding
Is there anything in the Tweaks Anthology that makes the UB or NPCP redundant? Tweaks just has sooo many things that it modifies.

Edit: If all three work well together what is the recommended install order with BG1EE+SoD?

TIA!

Comments

• alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited July 2020
    Soooo, it looks like I should install them in the following order -

Modmerge
    NPC Project
    Unfinished Business
    Tweaks Anthology

I couldn't find a specific install order for BG1EE, for these mods, but this order is inferred in a couple forum posts across the internets. I'm going to try it and see how it goes.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I would swap unfinished business and NPC Project. Generally, you want quest mods first and then NPCs.

As for Modmerge, its only needed for GoG and Steam. They are packaged differently than the beamdog version. There is also a new program that's replaced modmerge and might be more reliable. But I don't know what its called, sorry.
    alceryes
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    DLC Merge is the one you are thinking of and I believe the major advantages are offering cross-platform support while modmerge is limited to Windows computers.

DLC Merger v1.2 https://github.com/Argent77/A7-DlcMerger
    1. Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" with BG:EE (BG:EE and the SoD DLC)

I'd switch the order between Unfinished Business and NPC project. As ThacoBell says, you generally want quest mods to be installed first to allow NPC/dialogue mods to be able to react to any of the quests if those reactions have been written (and I think there are some of these interactions between BG1UB and BG1NPC.)

For the Tweaks Anthology you'll want to review the readme fairly closely and choose which tweaks you want since it is intended to allow an incredibly detailed level of adjusting the game and its systems to your preference, but this means it will include some things you might hate and other things will be mutually exclusive.
    ThacoBellalceryes
    Thanks @ThacoBell and @Caedwyr

When I looked up Unfinished Business, one of the things that made me put it after is that UB recognizes NPCP as installed whereas NPCP doesn't recognize UB. The UB thread actually recommends to install NPCP first. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38254/bg1-unfinished-business-v16-0/p1

I didn't find a direct recommendation on the order when Tweaks Anthology is included but found some evidence that the above order is correct. I'll let you all know how it goes.
    ThacoBell
    I double checked and you are correct. I was getting BG2 UB confused with BG1 UB (for a BGT/EET install).
    @alceryes I don't think I agree with the UB thread here, but on a mod list this short, it shouldn't make much of a difference. Its the long mod lists you gotta be really careful with.
    alceryes
    I was mostly concerned about the overlap between Tweaks and UB. Last thing I want is an older bugged version of a fix overwriting a newer, fixed fix.
    Its been so long since I've used UB. I don't remember shared components.
    I don't think there's any components that still overlap. If you are using the EE version then the following components are the only ones that are available to be installed and all the other mods I could find that might overlap (NTotSC, maybe Tweaks Anthology) automatically detect the components and skip them if already installed.

0. Ice Island Level 2 Restoration
    1. Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter
    2. Quonigar, the Cleric
    3. Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi
    4. Edie, the Merchant League Applicant
    5. Creature Corrections
    6. Creature Restorations
    7. Creature Name Restorations
    8. Minor Dialogue Restorations
    9. Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations
    10. Item Corrections and Restorations
    11. Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building
    12. Nim Furlwing Encounter
    13. Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter
    14. Mal-kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost
    15. Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations
    ThacoBellalceryes
    edited July 2020
    Thanks @Caedwyr
    Yeah, it seems that the EE team has slowly been patching in some of the 'fixes' from popular mods.

No issues so far but I've barely started the game. The old 'restartitis' is unfortunately rearing its ugly head. I think I'll be making a Dual-wield Dwarf Swashy though. I'm curious to see how well they do it the upper levels (above 20).
    A dwarf swashie sounds quite powerful. Dwarf con and saves with the insane kit bonuses?