Skip to content

ModRequest Fighter/Druid/Thief Multiclass

ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
edited July 2020 in General Modding
Anyone remember 1st edition bards? They were pretty insane. There isn't a 1-1 way to implement them in BG, but a multiclass gets fairly close. Abilities would be mostly vanilla, but limited to either leather armor or chainmail. With The use of club, dagger, dart, sling, scimitar, spear, staff, bastard sword, short sword and long sword.

I've tried learning both Weidu and NearInfinity enough to try it myself, but even the tutorials I can find seem like so much gibberish to me.

Is this entitled? Maybe I'll get lucky and someone else would also find this to be a fun class. If nothing else, someone else might look the original class up and laugh at how overpowered it was.

Comments

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    In traditional way maybe create a fighter/mage/thief kit, and copiing all druid spells to arcane and add it to clab file of the kits clab. And of course add 100% spelllearning failure and coding all arcane scrolls to not using it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, that would probably be the easiest way. I have no idea how to do so, though.
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    Take a look at the Weidu code for the Geomantic Sorcerer. I did something similar, copying a bunch of Druid spells into the kit's sorcerer spellbook and the setup-druidsor.tp2 is pretty well commented. Don't ask me anything about how any of the code works. I did this with help from smarter people over 10 years ago and have forgotten everything.
    @Caedwyr "Take a look at the Weidu code"

You've already lost me.
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    There's a surprising amount you can do with non-existent coding skills (Hi, I have nonexistent coding skills) by just looking up table definitions in the IESDP over at gibberlings3 and substituting chunks of code with minor tweaksthat are mysterious in how they function. Its how I got started. Kit creation is actually one of the simpler things to do for a basic kit, though you'll have a lot of restrictions around item useability and other stuff inherited from the base classes that you can only get around by doing crazy stuff like was done in the Tweak Anthology or Subtledoctor's mods.
    I've gone over all the tutorials I can find multiples times and tried to figure it out over the last 3-4 years. It just makes my head spin, and none of it even sounds like words to me.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited August 2020
    Hi @ThacoBell, @semiticgod has a mod Druid Multiclasses that has close to what you want. If you ask SG might add the Fighter/Druid/Thief? He already has a Druid/Thief which is close.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76995/druid-multiclasses-everything-from-druid-mages-to-fighter-cleric-druid-mage-thieves/p1

Don't know what I was thinking when I replied??
    Maybe the druid/mage/thief?
    @Necromanx2 Thanks for the suggestion! I actually did a BG1 run with her fighter/druid/cleric/mage/thief. It was the closest so far to the class I would love to play.
    Semiticgod has been pretty nice in creating classes in the past. Could see you Fighter/Druid/Thief being added. Won't you really need a Fighter/Druid/Mage/Thief?
    Well, there isn't a quick or easy way to do it. The druid part would have to be emulated in the mage class. So druid spells would need to be copied manually and flagged as arcane, while also restrict the kit from being able to memorize spells off scrolls.
    Ah, that is why the Geomantic Sorcerer was recommended above.
    I wish you luck in this! You can ping Argent77 and kjeron for help. They seem to be willing to help with learning.