Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

BUG in "Find Proof of Mae'Var's Treachery": Edwin disappeared

Hello everyone.
I killed Rayic and when I returned to report to Edwin, he was not there.
I think its a bug, any advices?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 869
    Yup, sounds like a bug.

Edwin's appearance is regulated by the "GoSeeEdwin" global variable. It's set to 2 when Mae'var sends you to him, at which point he activates. You meet with him, and "GoSeeEdwin" gets bumped up to 3. But... there's still a script block in the area that deactivates him if "GoSeeEdwin" is less than 2 and Mae'var isn't dead.

So, troubleshooting - what's the state of that "GoSeeEdwin" global variable? If it's less than 2 (or absent, which is interpreted as zero), then he'll disappear - and setting it to 2 should bring him back. If it's greater than 2 and he's disappeared, setting it to 2 might still bring him back.

If that doesn't work, spawn him in - creature code Edwin7.

• BardozambaBardozamba Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much! I'm a noob about this code things, would you mind type the alternatives to solve this problem?

• BardozambaBardozamba Member Posts: 3
    jmerry wrote: »
    Yup, sounds like a bug.

Edwin's appearance is regulated by the "GoSeeEdwin" global variable. It's set to 2 when Mae'var sends you to him, at which point he activates. You meet with him, and "GoSeeEdwin" gets bumped up to 3. But... there's still a script block in the area that deactivates him if "GoSeeEdwin" is less than 2 and Mae'var isn't dead.

So, troubleshooting - what's the state of that "GoSeeEdwin" global variable? If it's less than 2 (or absent, which is interpreted as zero), then he'll disappear - and setting it to 2 should bring him back. If it's greater than 2 and he's disappeared, setting it to 2 might still bring him back.

If that doesn't work, spawn him in - creature code Edwin7.

I summoned him and he disappeared in a second. When I'm able to talk he introduced himself like in the beginning of the quest and then talked normally, but then disappears again. I already killed Rayic... big bug here.