Skip to content

BUG in "Find Proof of Mae'Var's Treachery": Edwin disappeared

Hello everyone.
I killed Rayic and when I returned to report to Edwin, he was not there.
I think its a bug, any advices?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Yup, sounds like a bug.

Edwin's appearance is regulated by the "GoSeeEdwin" global variable. It's set to 2 when Mae'var sends you to him, at which point he activates. You meet with him, and "GoSeeEdwin" gets bumped up to 3. But... there's still a script block in the area that deactivates him if "GoSeeEdwin" is less than 2 and Mae'var isn't dead.

So, troubleshooting - what's the state of that "GoSeeEdwin" global variable? If it's less than 2 (or absent, which is interpreted as zero), then he'll disappear - and setting it to 2 should bring him back. If it's greater than 2 and he's disappeared, setting it to 2 might still bring him back.

If that doesn't work, spawn him in - creature code Edwin7.
  • BardozambaBardozamba Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much! I'm a noob about this code things, would you mind type the alternatives to solve this problem?
  • BardozambaBardozamba Member Posts: 3
    jmerry wrote: »
    Yup, sounds like a bug.

Edwin's appearance is regulated by the "GoSeeEdwin" global variable. It's set to 2 when Mae'var sends you to him, at which point he activates. You meet with him, and "GoSeeEdwin" gets bumped up to 3. But... there's still a script block in the area that deactivates him if "GoSeeEdwin" is less than 2 and Mae'var isn't dead.

So, troubleshooting - what's the state of that "GoSeeEdwin" global variable? If it's less than 2 (or absent, which is interpreted as zero), then he'll disappear - and setting it to 2 should bring him back. If it's greater than 2 and he's disappeared, setting it to 2 might still bring him back.

If that doesn't work, spawn him in - creature code Edwin7.

I summoned him and he disappeared in a second. When I'm able to talk he introduced himself like in the beginning of the quest and then talked normally, but then disappears again. I already killed Rayic... big bug here.